IGNORED

Launch Issues & Comments

2 minutes ago, left channel said:

Nice-looking site! Haven't received a confirmation email; can't log in. Signed up about 90 minutes ago as "left-channel" (no spaces allowed in user name; OK in display name).

Looking into it now.

Other are receiving the confirmation email. Perhaps something is up with sending email to you.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Congratulations Chris on another milestone.

Living in Australia on the other side of the planet we are often prevented from purchasing items due to distribution policies (eg HD Tracks) and are often forced to pay nearly double for some items when local distributors profits, transport and exchange rates (0.75) are included, so your initiative is very much welcome.

eg purchased 2 x SVS SB2000 subs from the US for US$1600 delivered to Sydney where local price was A$3200. Although very heavy items still cost effective to purchase direct. Saving on the 2 subs was A$1000.

I also really enjoy folicking for second hand gear so your new site will be well used by me.

Well done mate and Good Luck!

Ajax

LOUNGE: Mac Mini - Audirvana - Devialet 200 - ATOHM GT1 Speakers

OFFICE : Mac Mini - Audirvana - Benchmark DAC1HDR - ADAM A7 Active Monitors

TRAVEL : MacBook Air - Dragonfly V1.2 DAC - Sennheiser HD 650

BEACH : iPhone 6 - HRT iStreamer DAC - Akimate Micro + powered speakers

Hello Chris and Dave

Congratulations and thank you for this wonderful initiative, I wish you at lot of success.

Hopefully I will be able to make some small contributions to that.

Already one suggestion - as this is a worldwide platform, there will be sellers and buyers from all over the world.

Unfortunately some interesting offers at first look, are not really interesting due to technical or other limitations.

2 examples :

An US-amplifier has a power supply not suitable in Europe and vice-versa.

Transport costs for a fullrange speaker from Europe to Asia are so high, that the offer is not attractive anymore for either seller or buyer.

I believe it would be nice to put the name of the continent ( US, Europe, ...) immediately visible with the picture of every offer.

That should be easy to deduct from the store country name.  (If you could show the country name directly, that would even be better, but maybe that is not possible for privacy reasons? )

All the best

Dirk

6 minutes ago, ddetaey said:

Hello Chris and Dave

Congratulations and thank you for this wonderful initiative, I wish you at lot of success.

Hopefully I will be able to make some small contributions to that.

Already one suggestion - as this is a worldwide platform, there will be sellers and buyers from all over the world.

Unfortunately some interesting offers at first look, are not really interesting due to technical or other limitations.

2 examples :

An US-amplifier has a power supply not suitable in Europe and vice-versa.

Transport costs for a fullrange speaker from Europe to Asia are so high, that the offer is not attractive anymore for either seller or buyer.

I believe it would be nice to put the name of the continent ( US, Europe, ...) immediately visible with the picture of every offer.

That should be easy to deduct from the store country name.  (If you could show the country name directly, that would even be better, but maybe that is not possible for privacy reasons? )

All the best

Dirk

Hi Dirk - We are working on a solution to this. Currently in testing phase we have country flags that appear in the upper left corner of the product image in the search results. This is keyed off the tags. If someone tags a product Canada, the Canadian flag will appear like the following example picture.

This isn't a foolproof solution, and there are other options such as what you suggest. We'll keep working to make it work for everyone.

Also, our search results enable filtering by tags and other items. This could help.

2018-01-07.png

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

50 minutes ago, left channel said:

Thanks! I'm in. I have no spam filter on that email, but who knows maybe I typed it wrong.

Same her.  Maybe I mistyped my email addy, but no confirm email yet and asked it twice now.

@ted_b:  I am aware of that and I set my Superphonica display name to reeve_mike when I registered.

But on CA I am able to use reeve_mike as my userid, I was just noting the minor 'frustration' that

two websites from the same organization have different userid rules ...

P.S.  I don't think I have ever thanked you before for your posts that enabled me to rip my 910 SACDs

- so while I am here let me say MANY MANY THANKS!

2 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Ah yes, a misspelling. Please correct it here

https://superphonica.com/my-account/edit-account/

User error, as (almost) always. Thanks!

29 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

The sites run on two very different platforms. 

Can you tell us more about this?

4 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hi Guys - We'd love all the feedback you're willing to share, and maybe even the issues you find :~)

Suggestion: link "Forum" to the Superphonica sponsored forum.  And maybe "Articles" to Superphonica-tagged articles only. Otherwise first-time visitors to Superphonica who do not know CA may be confused.

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

@The Computer Audiophile thanks for the new marketplace. Excited to use it!

To that end, I tried to create my first listing and clicked 'Save Draft' thinking I could:

a) not to lose my work

b) preview my work before I finalized it (always a good plan...)

Well, the draft saved (i saw a confirmation message), however my form was reset to ground zero (all data and pictures removed, as if I'd just started a brand new listing). 

Now I can't find my draft anywhere, or a place to view what drafts I have...

Where do I go to view (and then publish...) my saved drafts?

Thanks!