IGNORED

Can no longer connect to sMs-200

I've been using this system for several months: Bell Sagemcom F@st 5250 modem, QNAP TS451+, TP Link AC 1750, SOtM sMs-200, Korg DS DAC 10r.  I can no longer connect to the sMs-200. It is not visible in my network and when I type eunhasu in my browser, I get this message: 

This site can’t be reached

eunhasu’s server IP address could not be found.

Anyone know what I can do to get it back? I tried unplugging the power supply on both the sMs-200 and the TP Link range extender that it is connected to with no luck. I am able to play music through my Chromecast Audio systems and directly through my Vizio smart TV.

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ NAS > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

Crown XLi 1500 powering  AV123 Rocket UFW10 stereo subwoofers

Upgraded power on all switches, renderer and DAC. 

8 hours ago, Boomboy said:

Have you downloaded and reflashed the o/s onto a new micro sd card ? 

Thanks, I would be willing to try, but only with instructions to follow. I looked in the manual and user guide and didn't see anything. 

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ NAS > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

Try plugging it directly into your router first to see if once you do that you can reach it when you type eunhasu into your browser (try typing eunhasu.local too).

Oh, and reboot the router too.

The message does look a bit odd though, without going into details of why, have you tried accessing it from another browser or another computer?

5 hours ago, t@rmac said:

Eunhasu  has an IP address  ......with a Smartphone you should scan your network  ( Fing app ) and try to search it 

Otherwise......last beach

http://docs.sotm-audio.com/doku.php?id=en:eunhasu:burn_sdcard_image

I downloaded Fing. The scan shows IP addresses and names for 13 devices, most of which I can identify. Three are just named Generic, one of which is greyed out. There's one named Streaming Dongle, not sure what that is, could be my phone, or Qmusic? Anyway, I'm not sure what to do with this info. 

1 hour ago, mfin said:

Try plugging it directly into your router first to see if once you do that you can reach it when you type eunhasu into your browser (try typing eunhasu.local too).

Oh, and reboot the router too.

The message does look a bit odd though, without going into details of why, have you tried accessing it from another browser or another computer?

I can't access from my phone, tablet or laptop. I will try plugging directly into the router later. 

I plugged the sMs-200 directly into my modem and eunhasu immediately showed up in my network. I reinstalled the last software update and powered down, moved it back into my system. After a couple of failed attempts, I got it to play in my system, but I only see the sMs-200-USB in my network. There is no eunhasu showing, instead there is a device with no IP address. I've emailed SOtM.

PS I connected to a port in another TP Link range extender to confirm this has nothing to do with the router or ethernet cable.

I thought it might be the case.

I can't quite tell what you are saying in detail but I just thought that you have to eliminate how you've cabled to it, some range extenders are a pain.

You've got a network problem not an SOtM problem.

There are plenty of Network Bridges you could use to plug it into instead (many Access Points have a Bridge mode). I don't really like range extenders as they are effectively doing two jobs, being a Network Bridge for a wired connection and re-broadcasting the wireless signal, plus both jobs rely on a good wireless connection from it back to the router, and often they are shoved with poor line of sight in sockets behind loads of other stuff. All this before you consider the multiple jobs they are doing. (Personally I wouldn't want anything right near my hifi that's broadcasting a Wifi signal either when that part of it is not needed).

On 1/6/2018 at 12:03 PM, t@rmac said:

Eunhasu  has an IP address  ......with a Smartphone you should scan your network  ( Fing app ) and try to search it 

Otherwise......last beach

http://docs.sotm-audio.com/doku.php?id=en:eunhasu:burn_sdcard_image

Thanks tarm@c. I was able to load and bookmark the Eunhasu site using the IP address. All back to normal now.

On 1/7/2018 at 9:57 AM, mfin said:

I thought it might be the case.

I can't quite tell what you are saying in detail but I just thought that you have to eliminate how you've cabled to it, some range extenders are a pain.

You've got a network problem not an SOtM problem.

There are plenty of Network Bridges you could use to plug it into instead (many Access Points have a Bridge mode). I don't really like range extenders as they are effectively doing two jobs, being a Network Bridge for a wired connection and re-broadcasting the wireless signal, plus both jobs rely on a good wireless connection from it back to the router, and often they are shoved with poor line of sight in sockets behind loads of other stuff. All this before you consider the multiple jobs they are doing. (Personally I wouldn't want anything right near my hifi that's broadcasting a Wifi signal either when that part of it is not needed).

I believe you are correct, this was a network problem. My son set the system up, and configured the TO-Link AC1900 so that it is not broadcasting the wireless signal. Its only job is to provide an ethernet connection to the sMs-200. I'm not sure what went wrong, I may try to update the TP-Link firmware.

I used the TP-Link before and its not reliable. I switch to long cat7 problem solve.

DigitalDac: Chord DAVE, Amp: MC275 Mono, Preamp: FirstSound, Source: Esoteric K01X, Cable: TaraLab GME interconnect,
CASSOtM Trifecta Mod 75ohm MCI, TheLinearSolution TCXO Router

Analog: SME 20/2, SME V, Skala, Esoteric C03 Phono

There's currently a problem accessing SOTM devices in conjunction with Roon.  To access the device you need to reboot the SOTM device after shutting down Roon Server; once this is done you can access the device through the eunhasu website normally.  There is supposed to be a SOTM update to fix this soon, but it doesn't impact playback functionality.

Source: https://www.sotm-audio.com/sotmwp/english/eunhasu-web-gui-버그-관련/