IGNORED

JM Reynaud Speakers

.. or more correctly his son JC's line of speakers caught my attention this Spring.  Even more correctly the reputation for classical reproduction his father JM built up caught my attention.  Their current designs focus on capability to play any music.  I'm sure Chris remembers the late Craig Jensen of Great Plains Audio who stocked this brand.  Nearly all of this predates my interests and I've yet to make a trip to Amherst in Massachusetts for a listen. 

I suspect this will predominantly come from European based members, but I would like to ask for impressions on this brand's speakers past and present.  I have done a fair amount of research into them in the last number of months and closely followed their recent activity.  Which is no replacement for long term listening or deeper impressions gained over the life of the brand.  For all I know @The Computer Audiophile would have been all the further I needed to look given his almost certain awareness of the now closed shop I mentioned.

I listen mainly to classical and recently got the Bliss speakers to my Hegel amp. My room is a bit problematic because of uneven distance to back wall, but I can tell you I enjoy these speakers more than many others I’ve had during the years. They are transparent to source and image in a way which I find fascinating. After the mistake of owning Kef Ls50 (with and without the W), these are a revelation. If I compare these to Harbeth c7es-3, the highs are more extended yet very natural and imaging is bigger, better. Clearly a loudspeaker made by a music

lover rather than an engineer. Harbeth is such a speaker as well, but the price is double. 

I have yet to get the Magic Stands, which according to reviews is a must. 

Say NO to ROON

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve had the Bliss Silvers with the Magic Stands for just under a year. I have to say, I have a very hard time imagining a better standmount. I occasionally wish the scale was a bit bigger, so I think I might try the Abscisse some day. But other than that they have everything I love. Gorgeous tonality, speed, coherence. It took a long time to find the right speakers, but it was worth the wait and the search. The Job INTegrated is a great partner for it too. (... and some fancy cables.)

Mac Mini (+Tidal +Roon) -> WiFi -> Lyngdorf TDAI1120 ->JM Reynaud Lucia (Tellurium Q Black v2)

• 5 years later...

hey! I hope i am allowed to post on old threads^^;; as it is not locked, i let myself in...

I did a demo session of JMR Voce Grande. This was mostly out of curiosity as they cost 3 times my budget, just wanted to hear what it sounds like! But man... That was a mistake, i ended buying them >.<

Honestly, i fell in love with those speakers. I can't say i am new to JMR, i also had a pair of Folia, but this is clearly another world. The showroom also demo Luna and Cantabile but those were no match for Voce Grande. Those speakers... They're incredible.

The presence is similar to full size floor standing, the audio range is super wide.

Technically astonishing but this is nothing compare to the emotion they spread around while playing music.

Whatever the kind of music this was always amazing. It sounded better than more expansive speakers i have demo. I ended up buying because after hearing that sound, i knew that nothing that i would have bought instead would have satisfied me.

I am hoping for a delivery in April.

cheers!

here is a lil pic

JMR_Reynaud_VOCE.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Nice!

I came very close to purchasing the Voce Grande, just went in another direction at the end, but from reports, they are awesome.

Bob Neill of Amherst Audio is an authority on the Reynaud line.

Here is a great write-up of the entire line, including the Voce Grande for those that might be interested:

https://amherstaudio.com/?page_id=42

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | Revel subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

On 4/7/2023 at 3:19 AM, mugen808 said:

Fully happy now!

Congratulations! Enjoy the music with your new JMR Voce Grandes.

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

On 4/7/2023 at 6:46 PM, Allan F said:

I am very glad that I still have my excellent JMR Offrande Supreme V2s speakers. Jean Claude Reynaud has carried on the tradition of his father, while incorporating newer technical advances with the Voce Grandes .

Notwithstanding the above, I would be interested if anyone who has heard both can comment on the differences between the Offrandes and the Voce Grandes. I have read the reviews , and Bob Neill's description, but another voice would be welcome.

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/7/2023 at 9:46 PM, Allan F said:

I am very glad that I still have my excellent JMR Offrande Supreme V2s speakers. Jean Claude Reynaud has carried on the tradition of his father, while incorporating newer technical advances with the Voce Grandes .

I know one of the biggest regrets is selling my Offrande Supreme V2.   Might have to give the Voce Grandes a listen.

The Truth Is Out There

6 hours ago, mav52 said:

I know one of the biggest regrets is selling my Offrande Supreme V2.   Might have to give the Voce Grandes a listen.

You are not alone in your sentiments about the Offrandes. I have read a number of similar regrets on vaious boards. You might be interested in this review of the Voce Grandes: JMR Voce Grande review, Son-Video