IGNORED

Fidelizer 8.0

Shanepj

23 hours ago, PorkChop said:

For me, the Audiophile preset on 8.0 (non-Pro version) significantly upgrades the sound while still allowing other basic computing tasks.  Does it really improve further with Pro even though I won't be running Purist mode? 

Of course using Pro version will improve a lot. Additional optimizations don't depend on user level at all so you won't miss anything from using Audiophile user level with Fidelizer Pro. I'm using Fidelizer Pro with Consumer level and YouTube music sounds so live here. :)

Regards,

Keetakawee

Happy Emm Labs/Viola/Karan/Rockport audiophile

Fidelizer - Feel the real sound http://www.fidelizer-audio.com

I would like to use fidelizer but have held back because I am not sure of the impact on my computer.  I have a home built and robust  computer dedicated to home theater use.  It is Windows 10, core i7, 48gb memory, SSD for the OS, and lots of HDs for movies (ripped blue rays) and music (variety of formats, mostly multichannel WAV, DSF, FLAC).  I use J River MC 23 (64bit).

Typical usage is about 50% music and 50% movies or Netflix streaming.  The computer is almost never used for any other purpose.

Should I try fidelizer?  Which level for music & movies & streaming?

Thanks

Marcus

1 hour ago, Desertpilot said:

I would like to use fidelizer but have held back because I am not sure of the impact on my computer.  I have a home built and robust  computer dedicated to home theater use.  It is Windows 10, core i7, 48gb memory, SSD for the OS, and lots of HDs for movies (ripped blue rays) and music (variety of formats, mostly multichannel WAV, DSF, FLAC).  I use J River MC 23 (64bit).

Typical usage is about 50% music and 50% movies or Netflix streaming.  The computer is almost never used for any other purpose.

Should I try fidelizer?  Which level for music & movies & streaming?

Thanks

Marcus

Your system and usage is similar to mine, although you have a higher processor and a little more memory.

musically using JRiver with Fidelizer will make a massive difference to your setup and with movies, it makes a difference to the audio to (you will have to choose which program your going to use with Fidelizer before hand as it tunes itself for that program - simply run Fidelizer and select which program you want to run and restart)  To avoid this I would recommend building a multi boot system enabling you to use a clean install for JRiver and another for your normal windows operations (but it’s not necessary)  for me it was the best thing I did and haven’t looked back

Fidelizer transforms your system like the best interconnects do.

When i tried the free version, it only took a few seconds to realise how good this program was. 

I then purchased the program and waited for the pro version of Fidelizer to be made for me. This can take a few days to come though, so don’t panic. 

Its one of the best things I’ve added to my PC and is significantly better than JRiver at making music sound music

remember, purchasing the full blown program helps support the developer and gives you access to all its features

Using Fidelizer on a PC USB connected to a DAC is one configuration.  Using Fidelizer on a PC connected to a LAN streaming to a device like the microRendu is a 2nd. configuration.   Have users of the 2nd. -- streaming -- configuration, found that Fidelizer improves sound quality?  

-Mike

Hi

Interested by this thread, I installed Fidelizer free version on my PC running W10.

I have the feeling that it enhances the dynamic of the music... but I'm not sure if it is Fidelizer or a placebo effect.

My point is that I'd like to compare with/without Fidelizer.

I installed Fidelizer, fine. But there is no indication, no where about Fidelizer : no icon in the task bar, Fidelizer is not listed in the program list.

So, I do not know if it's working really.

Then, I'd like to compare with-without, but as there is no indication that this soft works... it's impossible to compare with/without.

Sorry I'm confused about it.

Can someone explain how stop or uninstall Fidelizer to run comparisons ?

Thanks

2.1 basic stuff => 2 mains are Dynaudio Core59 + sub Dynaudio 18s

Actives / digital AES in / active correction on PC side

Passive daddy setup is dead

Thanks Quadman

Fidelizer is in the task manager, but uses 0%. At 0% CPU, can we say that Fidelizer is "running" ?

Then, in the task manager, I stopped Fidelizer => no effect on sound.

I'm in "purist" mode and my laptop is not slower than without Fidelizer, I can keep working as usual : is it normal ? At least it is not what I was expected...

2.1 basic stuff => 2 mains are Dynaudio Core59 + sub Dynaudio 18s

Actives / digital AES in / active correction on PC side

Passive daddy setup is dead

Fidelizer optimizes Windows OS and multimedia platform itself without permanent changes applied so you can use free version and restart without worrying about side effects.

Some optimizations requires Fidelizer to keep running and some don't so I recommend to restart computer if you want to compare its effects. You can also listen to music before and apply applying Fidelizer too.

If you find Fidelizer free version making noticeable improvements in your system, I may consider upgrading to Plus/Pro version for more features and improvements too. :)

Regards,

Keetakawee

7 hours ago, tgb said:

Fidelizer is in the task manager, but uses 0%. At 0% CPU, can we say that Fidelizer is "running" ?

Yes it is running if you see it in task manager, it always uses 0% cpu on my rigs.  I think to stop it you can do 1 of 2 things lower the level to consumer and re-boot which still has some optimizations applied but should sound a bit different or better uninstall fidelizer listen to some reference tracks a few times then re-install fidelizer set to purist level and replay tracks.

BTW when I first got into fidelizer way back in the 6.x series the jump from free to plus was significant, then the jump to pro was not quite as remarkable but the auto booting was a very nice feature.  I now use 8 pro and 8 was a significant jump from 7.  Highly worth the money.

Keetakawee, with the new build ID generated for AF8 does changing the OS SSD or HDD affect the usage of AF8, or does one have to use the license transfer for such a small swap, before 8 one could do that easily with no problem.  That would be very unfortunate for such a small change.  What hardware ID's are considered for the new 8.0?

After some assemblers explioiting simple security in Fidelizer by using the same parts on some hardware generating the same key, I need to apply more strict security to prevent such case from happaning again.

Changing SSD/HDD won't affect Fidelizer license. However, changing processor, motherboard, and some network cards or making changes to network configuration will affect the license. Customer can change the key for free once if that happens. :)

Regards,

Keetakawee

• 2 weeks later...

I received the update to Fidelizer 8.1 over the weekend.

Change log for 8.1 Pro says the following

- Fixed bugs with launching application with core isolation in some cases
- Fixed bugs with Core Isolation Policy that doesn't work properly with some processor models
- Fixed key generation mechanism to provide more reliable results with other cases
- Fixed multi-core affinity optimization that fail to apply with shorten optimization process
- Fixed performance issues after stop/disable some new Windows 10 services
- Improved optimizing system configuration mechanism with rounding technique for more accurate optimizations

Will wait for Keetakawee @Windows X to weigh in on some of these points.

Regards.

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

Fidelizer Pro

I hoped to release version 8.1 before Valentine’s day but there were more cases to be resolved related to security having a few internal changes until it’s more stable enough.

While fixing reported issues one by one, I also was flooded with over 100 mails per day in during the first week of Fidelizer 8 release so fixing every reported issues took me longer than expected but it’s finally done now.

New features such as Core Isolation policy and execution with music player application are working properly now. I also found core affinity optimization didn’t work properly with new algorithm so I fixed that too.

I also improved permanent optimizations in Fidelizer Pro with rounding technique. Fidelizer Pro analyzes RAM calibration with 250MB block. If system detects 3.93GB with 64MB for VGA, RAM calibration will apply optimizations as 3.75GB.

With nearly 200MB miscalculated, audio tasks won’t perform according to ideal optimizations with tonal shift. By adding rounding technique with 125MB threshold, 3.93GB RAM will be treated as 4.0GB which is closer to ideal case.

Changelog for version 8.1

Free
-Fixed key generation mechanism to provide more reliable results with other cases
-Fixed music player application launching bug with invalid core affinity assignment
-Fixed multi-core affinity optimization that fail to apply with shorten optimization process

Plus
-Fixed bugs with launching application with core isolation in some cases
-Fixed bugs with Core Isolation Policy that doesn’t work properly with some processor models
-Fixed key generation mechanism to provide more reliable results with other cases
-Fixed multi-core affinity optimization that fail to apply with shorten optimization process
-Fixed performance issues after stop/disable some new Windows 10 services

Pro
-Fixed bugs with launching application with core isolation in some cases
-Fixed bugs with Core Isolation Policy that doesn’t work properly with some processor models
-Fixed performance issues after stop/disable some new Windows 10 services
-Improved optimizing system configuration mechanism with rounding technique for more accurate optimizations

Download: Fidelizer 8.1
Upgrade: Fidelizer Upgrade Program

And we’ve reached 2,900th milestone now in this month, the that’s almost 3,000th license. As a reminder to inform customers that they receive refund for returning customer purchase, I’m running purchase offer again in this week.  I also sent partial refund back for customer who placed an order today.

Fidelizer Plus: US $39.95 —> $34.95 (Until 25st March 2018)
Fidelizer Pro: US $69.95 —> $59.95 (Until 25st March 2018)

This offer will last until 25st March 2018. Discount rate is the same as purchasing Fidelizer software again so new customer and returning customer will get the same price. You may order again anytime and receive partial-refund as discount later after this campaign is over.

I apologize for deliverying this update so late due to many tasks I’ve been occupied with. I promise to provide more prompt services from now on, hopefully. There’s also Fiio ROMs to be rebuilt without deodexing next too.

I hope this will be good chance for you to consider upgrading Fidelizer software. I also made adjustments to have fidelizer.key filled automatically when you use “Order Fidelizer” button in Fidelizer software. I hope this will make order process easier. :)

As I updated both Fidelizer from 8.0 to 8.1 and microRendu from OS 2.5 to 2.6 at the same time, I'm not sure who should get the credit, but it was a very big improvement for me! So thanks to someone.

Bob

Mac Mini M1 12 volt dc > Roon > HQ Player to DSD 256 > Fibre to EtherRegen w/LPS1.2 and BG7TBL OCXO > Sonore microRendu v1.3 > IsoRegen > Denafrips Iris > i2s  > Denafrips Pontus II > Schiit Freya+ w/ Linlai E-6SN7's >  Nord One Up NCore 500 monoblocks REV D w/SI990Enh op amps > Martin Logan Impression 11A w/ dual Rythmik E15HP2 subs. Supra Cat8, JPS Labs Superconductor+ cables

On 22.3.2018 at 9:54 AM, Windows X said:

Of course. I highly recommend to try this software on your PC. For Fidelizer Pro, I recommend Streamer audio profile as the best audio profile for streaming to ultraRendu. :)

Regards,

Keetakawee

Hi 

Is the Fidelizer Pro, the exact same SW as in the Nimitra PC ?

Can I use RDT with Fidelizer Pro ?

Should I do a clean W10 install before adding the Fidelizer Pro ?

Hi Keetakawee we exchanged a few PM's on Stereo Net Australia (SNA)

For other reading My current Audio Only system is

System - CAPS (Lagoon - WS2012 R2 Essentials OS with AudiophileOptimizer v2.20 beta 5 in Ultimate Core mode - 128g SS HD + Sotm USB exp card) - Synology NAS DS416 Slim - JRiver 18 - Elijah Quad Braid Mk4 USB Cable (Aqvox Low Noise Power Supply at each end of cable) - into Mutec MC 3+ USB - preamp into Actives.

I forgot to ask about the correct 'Flowchart' for using 8Pro with AO.

Here's my plan so please tell me if this is right.   

I will change AO from Core back to GUI. 

Download and Install 8pro

Implement 8pro as you suggested 'Purist and Network'.   I forgot to mention I have to leave the Drivers installed on AO for the Mutec to work (Is that an issue with 8pro?)

Return AO to Core and run AO Set up.    All done............great music then fills the room :-)

When tweaking AO I normally take my CAPS out of the HiFi unit and set it up on my desk with a screen, keyboard, mouse and LAN cable to my router.   This means that when I am done configuring I power off the CAPS and return it to the HiFi cabinet.   With 8pro I take it all the optimisation is retained on a new reboot.    

Is this Flow chart the correct way to go with Fid and AO?

Regards Cazzesman