IGNORED

Chopin's Last Waltz by Robert Silverman in DSD 256 Surround Sound & Stereo

Chopin's Last Waltz by pianist Robert Silverman in 4-Channel DSD 256 Surround Sound. It's a new recording from Ray Kimber's IsoMike label.  

Not available on CD or SACD - but available in Stereo and 4 Channel Surround from IsoMike on NativeDSD Music.  Recommended.

ISOMIKE5606.thumb.jpg.af76edbaa38b919c7fc70685b869a0a3.jpg

Pianist Robert Silverman’s performance of Chopin’s The Last Waltz was recorded using the IsoMike system in DSD 256 Stereo & DSD 256 Surround Sound with no compression or equalization. Ray Kimber, inventor of the IsoMike recording process and Kimber Kable advises you to "turn it up" when it comes to the volume when listening to this fine recording.

The album is currently available on Stereo Vinyl LP. But now you will also be able to hear it in the original DSD 256 Stereo & Surround Sound - or in DSD 128 or DSD 64 Stereo and Surround Sound exclusively at the NativeDSD Music Store. It is not available on CD or SACD.

Pianist Robert Silverman tells us "Over the years I have been fortunate enough to make several high-end audio recordings. I gladly sign my name to all of them, but I must say that sonically and artistically, this is my favorite."

Robert H. Levi from Positive Feedback says "Recognized as one of Canada's premiere pianists, Robert Silverman has reached a level of musical and technical authority that can only be accomplished after years of deep commitment to the instrument and its vast literature. Many aspects of Silverman's playing are frequently noted: a polished technique, an extraordinary range of tonal palette, an uncanny ability to sing his way into the heart of a phrase, and probing interpretations of the most complex works in the repertoire.

The Last Waltz is an all-Chopin album with Robert Silverman playing at the top of his game. Whether Brahms, or Mozart, and now Chopin, Silverman employs an elegance of touch and tone that is magical and moving. His playing channels Chopin as if this composer is not considered the most difficult tunesmith of them all. Silverman makes it sound so easy, it is unimaginable at times. I love his playing, now more than ever. Did not Silverman know audiophile productions are supposed to sound technically wonderful while the performance does not? He must not have gotten the memo!

https://isomike.nativedsd.com/albums/ISOMIKE5606-chopins-last-waltz
https://www.facebook.com/NativeDsdMusic/photos/a.765908406800903.1073741828.497854580272955/1610325779025824/?type=3

• 4 weeks later...

Stereophile's Music Editor Robert Baird has named Chopin's The Last Waltz "Recording of the Month" for February 2018.

Silverman's Chopin is an unqualified success. Although every composition presented here is a familiar selection from Chopin's oeuvre, Silverman's conceptions of them delve deeply into the composer's inherent passions for his music and his love of melody.

The overall architecture of Silverman's playing is solid and sure. Taken at slow tempos, the well-known Fantasie in f, Op. 49, particularly its placid Adagio, benefits from Silverman's deft, lingering touch.

Perfectly projected, his statements are captured in ravishing, exquisitely balanced Direct Stream Digital (DSD) sound. The recording presents a beautiful, multidimensional sound image, with a wide dynamic range and gorgeously sharp, true tone colors. Ray Kimber's IsoMike recording technique is the result of much experimentation over the years.

Performance and Sonics: 5 out of 5 stars

https://www.stereophile.com/content/recording-february-2018-chopins-last-waltz#BxPsWsgSifFRUKoy.99

https://isomike.nativedsd.com/albums/ISOMIKE5606-chopins-last-waltz

• 2 weeks later...