IGNORED

Magico A3

Magico A3 will be $10K per pair, a new price point for Magico.  I'm kind of amazed how little CA discussion there is about speakers.

http://magico.net/Marketing/Press_Release_A3.php

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

9 hours ago, AMR/iFi audio said:

... or anything in similar price range.

By definition. But it looks like it was designed to respond directly to a speaker like the 3F. It's basically the same configuration. A tweeter-woofer "monitor module" sitting on top of a dual driver bass module, same price point, and hitting the 10k price point for a beryllium based speaker.

12 hours ago, pippenainteasy said:

By definition. But it looks like it was designed to respond directly to a speaker like the 3F. It's basically the same configuration. A tweeter-woofer "monitor module" sitting on top of a dual driver bass module, same price point, and hitting the 10k price point for a beryllium based speaker.

I don't think that latest Magico was made to combat any product in particular. Probably they simply decided that it's time for them to introduce more affordable range, that they're ready, all numbers add up and... that's it. YMMV, though.

Our PowerStation is here: click me!

Check out our Tidal MQA Set-up Guides below. 
Android (Renderer) Mobile
Desktop (Decoder) via USB
Desktop (Decoder) via SPDIF

I tend to believe that they have to make far more use of all the machines they have investments in to work on their aluminium speaker housings, in order to keep up their profits.

I also believe that the name A3 is not arbitrarily chosen, as the concept is exactly the same as the original V3's (that I have).

They are replacing the wooden housing by an aluminium one, make use of their latest speakers (and probably need to adapt the filters as well), but the resemblance is quite clear.

Dirk

Just now, ddetaey said:

I tend to believe that they have to make far more use of all the machines they have investments in to work on their aluminium speaker housings, in order to keep up their profits.

I also believe that the name A3 is not arbitrarily chosen, as the concept is exactly the same as the original V3's (that I have).

They are replacing the wooden housing by an aluminium one, make use of their latest speakers (and probably need to adapt the filters as well), but the resemblance is quite clear.

Dirk

Yes, to use one's own proprietary tech, introduce more affordable goods and be present on the market in general is a smart thing to do.

Our PowerStation is here: click me!

Check out our Tidal MQA Set-up Guides below. 
Android (Renderer) Mobile
Desktop (Decoder) via USB
Desktop (Decoder) via SPDIF

On 1/2/2018 at 6:19 PM, ddetaey said:

Dirk

I read (in one of the audio mags) that the housings were outsourced due to cost. http://www.soundstageglobal.com/index.php/product-debuts/magico-a3-december-2017/737-magico-a3-loudspeaker-the-concept. The statement is a bit ambiguous but...

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.