IGNORED

Marantz NA8005 compatibility with Windows OS

This is my first post on the forum and it sure seems the right place to ask this question.

I have a Marantz NA8005 Network Audio Player. Sounds superb. I am however having difficulties connecting it successfully to my PC via USB on the backside of the NA8005. It seems to me that the driver that Marantz supplies on their webpage is not compatible with Windows 10. Only Windows Vista, Win 7 or Win 8. The driver does not install properly on my PC since it does not appear in the driver list in the sound panel and when then connected to the NA8005 it does not recognize the PC.

My question is therefore: Do any of you know it the driver supplied by Marantz is not compatible with Win10? If it is not, does anyone have any idea of how to work around this without downgrading the OS to Win8?

Thank you very much in advance!

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/14/2017 at 12:05 PM, heimska said:

This is my first post on the forum and it sure seems the right place to ask this question.

I have a Marantz NA8005 Network Audio Player. Sounds superb. I am however having difficulties connecting it successfully to my PC via USB on the backside of the NA8005. It seems to me that the driver that Marantz supplies on their webpage is not compatible with Windows 10. Only Windows Vista, Win 7 or Win 8. The driver does not install properly on my PC since it does not appear in the driver list in the sound panel and when then connected to the NA8005 it does not recognize the PC.

My question is therefore: Do any of you know it the driver supplied by Marantz is not compatible with Win10? If it is not, does anyone have any idea of how to work around this without downgrading the OS to Win8?

Thank you very much in advance!

have you updated win10 to the latest version?  with the creator edition, i would expect windows to identify the device without installing the marantz driver (which is from 2014!)

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
  • 8 months later...