IGNORED

Request for sound confirmation

Bought Superlux HD 668B yesterday. By some review these are awesome headphones for price, soem say they even have audiophile quality. I heard sound that I haven`t heard before xD

On song waves in the beggining everytime I hear something like crackling. Can someone with good headphone confirm that that crackling is really there and that my headphones is OK?

On song Cheap thrills on 6-7 second I hear a little buzz ( you will hear it when he says in the beginning "Have you heard the song" - on word song there is a little buzz. ). Can someone also confirm this?

On song Blank space after 30s is a faint sparkling - crackling sound?

1 hour ago, dalethorn said:

No crackling in the first file.

No buzz in the second file.

There is a "crackling" sort-of after 30 seconds of Taylor Swift, but it's obviously something in the mix.

Try downloading some test tones and see if you have any strong peaks/resonances in the treble.

You didn`t test it with some cheap headphones? I can`t hear that on my old speakers and on my old headphones there is a indications that there is some crackling beneath but very faint.

Other songs that I listen sound fine, I guess that there was a problem that every song would have some crackling? I also asked on some other forum (I am impatiento.O) and some heard in first but not in second, other heard in second but not in first song -_- so I think there must be something

Where can I download that test tones?

4 hours ago, lorcav123 said:

On song waves in the beggining everytime I hear something like crackling. Can someone with good headphone confirm that that crackling is really there and that my headphones is OK?

I don't notice anything. Maybe I'm not listening for the right thing.

On song Cheap thrills on 6-7 second I hear a little buzz ( you will hear it when he says in the beginning "Have you heard the song" - on word song there is a little buzz. ). Can someone also confirm this?

Confirmed. There's a lot of distortion going on there, presumably intentional.

On song Blank space after 30s is a faint sparkling - crackling sound?

Maybe. There's some obviously intentional sound that could perhaps be described as crackling. Hard to tell if that's what you're referring to though.

I second the suggestion for test tones. You can generate some yourself with Audacity.

44 minutes ago, mansr said:

I don't notice anything. Maybe I'm not listening for the right thing.

Confirmed. There's a lot of distortion going on there, presumably intentional.

Maybe. There's some obviously intentional sound that could perhaps be described as crackling. Hard to tell if that's what you're referring to though.

I second the suggestion for test tones. You can generate some yourself with Audacity.

Just tryed around 10 examples of tones in Audacity. Didn`t noticed anything strange. Almost blow my ear offf with that test tones O.o

Some user on that other forum I posted say that he in first song (waves) he hears "the first song the synthesizer leaves a sparkling sound".

I presumme that because this is Audio forum that you use headphones of 100$+?

On that first song waves it is strange because I hear crackling everytime only in first 20seconds and through song it is almost the same ritam so I think that if there is a problem in headphones that that problem should appear again in songo.O

3 hours ago, lorcav123 said:

You didn`t test it with some cheap headphones? I can`t hear that on my old speakers and on my old headphones there is a indications that there is some crackling beneath but very faint.

Other songs that I listen sound fine, I guess that there was a problem that every song would have some crackling? I also asked on some other forum (I am impatiento.O) and some heard in first but not in second, other heard in second but not in first song -_- so I think there must be something

Where can I download that test tones?

No point in me checking with cheap headphones.  I've had a couple of the Superlux I got from Massdrop.  When there are certain sibilants or percussive sounds that are exaggerated by resonances in a headphone, you can try to EQ them, or listen to tracks that don't have those sounds, or try another headphone.

BTW, get at least 2 different tone sweeps from 20 hz to 20 khz, and keep the volume to a modest level and listen all the way through.  If you don't hear some strong peaks and suckouts, then your sweep tones aren't working.  BTW-2, running test tones continuously at high volume can damage the headphone as well as your ears.

Little update. Today I was with my friend testing these Superlux on that first song. Friend has some Philips 70€ headphones in which those crackling is barely noticable. Friend called his friend who has expiriance in music production, that guy has a lot of expiriance with headphones, he personally have some 300€ headphones. He immediately heard that crackling on Superlux and after some 15mn of testing Superlux on different songs he told me that is problem in that song, error in production and that headphones are fine.

I test it today also in some games, movies and music, everything seems fine. So seems that everything is fine9_9