IGNORED

CA Readers Choice Awards 2017

Hi Guys - As the title says, this is your chance to vote for the best products and/or music of 2017. 

I’ll compile the results and publish a front page article when voting is finished. To make this easier, if you list several items, please rank them 1, 2, 3, etc...

I cant wait to see what has been increasing your enjoyment of our wonderful hobby this year. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

1- Roon

It is so much a part of my system that I forget not everyone has it!

2- microRendu and it's variants

An amazing way to completely obliterate needs to optimize a computer for computer audio - simple, amazing, in my opinion a next generation, and it doesn't hurt that it works with Roon so well. I actually don't use the microRendu anymore because I now use a Rossini (that's a little more expensive than most setups so I won't put that on this list).

3- ECM's move to allow streaming of their catalog

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

1. Roon - as you use it more, you appreciate it more.

2. Audiophile Optimizer - great piece of software that truly elevates the sound quality of your system.

3. Schiit Yggy - great dac at great price and built like a tank.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100

1. Sonore MicroRendu and its variants - brings high performance streaming to a more affordable price. And gets better as you improve whats connected to it

for source, power and DAC solution.

2. Uptone Audio USPCB - there's no contest between it as a USB interconnect and the other USB cables I've bought for $100 or less. It won't fix

a weak setup but swap it out in a good one and you will regret it.

3. Audeze Sine headphones - brings you much of the Audeze sound at about half the price of their next step up, weighs less, and makes even cellphones

sound great

growing the audiophile community requires price affordability; when rankings largely feature products made of "unobtainium" at stratospheric prices it discourages interest

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

1. Focusrite Rednet D16

2. Schitt Yggdrasil DAC (who names these things): a remarkable value and remarkable from any perspective

3. Linear Tube Audio ZOTL 10 amp - David Berning designed

4.  Audiophile Optimizer

5. The Computer Audiophile (not necessarily behind these others)

Coincidentally I am using all of these. Go figure :-)

"Don't Believe Everything You Think"

System

1. For me personally it’s the Chord Blu Mk2. Don’t listen to one if you’re not ready to buy one. It’s that good. I do, of course, realize that few have heard one with the Chord Dave and that even fewer can afford to buy “BluDave.”

2. SOtM sMs-200Ultra

Schiit's 'Gen 5 USB' technology has got to be up there IMO

Main System: NAS or QOBUZ > BlueSound Node 2i > Schiit Gungnir MultiBit > PYST XLR > Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Gilmore Lite MK2

Office System: iMac > Audirvana > Schiit EITR + Audiophonics LPS25 > Metrum FLINT NOS DAC (DAC TWO chips) > Schiit Magni 3+ > Aeon Flow Open

Loudspeaker System: NAIM Muso Gen 2

Hardware:

1. Kii Three

Music (restricted to 2017 releases):

1. Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band: 2017 Remaster
  2. Tony Allen: A Tribute to Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers
  3. Bill Evans: The Hilversum Concert
  4. Van Morrison: Roll with the Punches
  5. Shelby Lynne-Allison Moorer: Not Dark Yet

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

9 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hi Guys - As the title says, this is your chance to vote for the best products and/or music of 2017. 

I’ll compile the results and publish a front page article when voting is finished. To make this easier, if you list several items, please rank them 1, 2, 3, etc...

I cant wait to see what has been increasing your enjoyment of our wonderful hobby this year. 

JRiver Media Center 23.

Schiit Yggdrasil. Best DAC this audio nut has ever heard and by a wide margin. The fact that J.A. of Stereophile didn't like it, makes it all that much better!

George

1. Roon

2. HQPlayer

3. Channel Classics mch Downloads from Nativ DSD

Analog-VPIClas3,3DArm,LyraSkala+MiyajimaZeromono,Herron VTPH2APhono,2AmpexATR-102+MerrillTridentMaster TapePreamp

Dig Rip-Pyramix,IzotopeRX3Adv,MykerinosCard,PacificMicrosonicsModel2; Dig Play-Lampi Horizon, mch NADAC, Roon-HQPlayer,Oppo105

Electronics-DoshiPre,CJ MET1mchPre,Cary2A3monoamps; Speakers-AvantgardeDuosLR,3SolosC,LR,RR

Other-2x512EngineerMarutaniSymmetrical Power+Cables Music-1.8KR2Rtapes,1.5KCD's,500SACDs,50+TBripped files