IGNORED

New second generation Dirac Live

The Dirac Live 2.0 calibration tool is finished while the 2.0 DiracLiveProcessor, that acts as a VST/AU host, is still working in stereo at 48 KHz.
This is an official announcement about standalone Dirac Live in Facebook:

@milva it's unusual that a message to HelpDesk is left unanswered but we might have skipped yours, please send me an MP with your ticket number and we'll check and solve

Thanks, Flavio

Warning: My posts may be biased even if in good faith, I work for Dirac Research :-)

Sorry if this is a naive question. Is it possible to get the Calibration tool 2 and use it with the old live processor? I have no interest in a plugin, I want Windows wide room correction not just for one device or media player. Thanks.
ps. Happy anniversay on the original post :)

5 hours ago, JezQ said:

Sorry if this is a naive question. Is it possible to get the Calibration tool 2 and use it with the old live processor? I have no interest in a plugin, I want Windows wide room correction not just for one device or media player. Thanks.
ps. Happy anniversay on the original post :)

Don’t believe so; different algos. 

It is interesting when Dirac Research is mistaken for more than a year with the announced upgrade date of Dirac Live v2. I do not remember that with another company. I think the base of paying PC or Mac users is wider than NAD, Arcam, Emotiva, etc., and Dirac Research lets them wait so long.

5 minutes ago, milva said:

It is interesting when Dirac Research is mistaken for more than a year with the announced upgrade date of Dirac Live v2. I do not remember that with another company. I think the base of paying PC or Mac users is wider than NAD, Arcam, Emotiva, etc., and Dirac Research lets them wait so long.

Check Microsoft..

We're getting this (exciting) upgrade for free, and I believe the bulk of money comes from the OEM. The audiophile segment I believe is based on Dirac's enthusiasm, even though I paid 650 euros.

I would like to focus on what we will get - stable performance, support of high-rez rates, diagnostics. 

Will be nice to see the list of tasks that on Dirac's "plate"

5 hours ago, hiind said:

Hi Flávio,

I too have received no reponse/reply from the help desk after almost two weeks of sending my query! No ticket number either

Hi hiind,

no ticket number is weird, may be somehow the outgoing mail server's IP number was temporarily blocked and we did'nt receive the email?

A solution is using the portal here: http://helpdesk.dirac.se/index.php?pg=request

Warning: My posts may be biased even if in good faith, I work for Dirac Research :-)

3 hours ago, milva said:

It is also interesting that the www pages do not contain any data and links to Dirac Live v1.2 for Mac and PC. How does an inexperienced user know when reinstalling the SW to another computer? Let's see if the upgrade to V2 is finally free.

Hi milva,

we will be pleased to help with downloads... again here: http://helpdesk.dirac.se/index.php?pg=request

The upgrade of standalone to Dirac Live 2.0 will be free as it is for all current Dirac enabled products that recently upgraded.

I have been unable to sign in my to my Dirac store account for weeks.  At least 3-4 contact requests initiated with the contact form on the website have resulted in NO response.  I was confident that my login information was correct, but requested a password change anyway from the login page at the Dirac store.  I did not receive a email in response to any of those requests until today - but the new password they sent did not work either.

There is definitely something not working right here.  I tried the portal mentioned in the post above - and that did actually result in a receipt email and case # - but that contact form is different from the one you get on the Dirac store website.

Sorry to dump this routine in Flavio's lap - but he has been so helpful in a range of web forums about Dirac.  What is a customer to do when they need help - and the contact form requesting help appears to be the problem.

Hoping Dirac customer service hears about this and can get the issue resolved.  The product delivers great results but the lack of communication concerns me.  i am looking to buy some additional NAD gear with Dirac compatibility but am thinking twice now.

Help?

Hi esbrewer,

it's important for us to follow up on this reported communication issue, there is no doubt that good coomunications are simply essential.

While emails might have problems (of course we must solve any eventual issue) I suggest that the portal is used:

http://helpdesk.dirac.se/index.php?pg=request

I double checked and it seems to work as expected, please send me a PM if you find differently.

Also I'm asking the courtesy of sending me details about messages that have not been answered (or probably not received) together with the email thay have been sent to.

Thanks for your support, Flavio

Flavio:

I used the link you provided to submit a ticket to the help desk.  I did get a reply with a link on to how to reset my password.  I followed the link, submitted my email address as directed, received a confirmation that a message had been sent, but received no email.

I then followed up on that ticket 28708 telling helpdesk staff that the reset process was not not working.  I asked if there was anyway they could reset my password manually.  There was no reply.  As has been the case to almost all of my attempts to use the helpdesk portal in recent weeks.

I have never had a more frustrating customer service experience.  All I want to do is change a password to access a product I paid for.  There is clearly something wrong with the communications between my ISP and Dirac - but I have I see no way on the Dirac page to contact staff other than the helpdesk portal that has not worked MANY times.

I don't know how many more times I can type the same request for routine help and get no response.  How many times have all of us completed password change requests with no problems?

Can you please forward this message to someone who can help me?  Ticket number 28708.

At last I can explain why it was necessary to completely rewrite Dirac Live 2.x requiring much more time than simply updating Dirac Live 1.x

In addition to the improved algorithm that takes into account the response in phase of the pair of speakers and the new interface with the possibility of many more measurements this new generation will allow us to add plugins as announced here:

http://diracdocs.com//Dirac_Live_2.x_bass_management.pdf

Flavio

Finally was able download Dirac Live 2.1.2 for MacOS after weeks of being unable to login to my account, change my password, or get help via help desk.

Clicked on downloaded zip file. Got Dirac Live icon. No instruction file. Clicked on file. Got dialog that file cannot be opened. Dragged file to applications folder. Clicked on file. Got dialog that file cannot be opened. Checked security preferences - no indication that Dirac Live install/run is being restricted.  Googled issue.  No results consistent with my experience.

SO frustrated.  This product used to be much easier to use in my experience.  Was thinking about adding a new NAD C658 to my system when it becomes available - but have to think twice when I can't seem to even try out the new software without encountering even the most basic problems.  And this as an experienced Dirac Live user.

Sorry - but again I ask for help.  Please.

• 3 weeks later...

I looked today at the Dirac website, and there is still only the NAD version of the new Dirac live software. When will the standalone Dirac Live 2.0 version be available? Meanwhile it takes a very long time for us before we can use the new Dirac!!! Does anyone know when the new Dirac is ready?

2 minutes ago, Frans said:

I looked today at the Dirac website, and there is still only the NAD version of the new Dirac live software. When will the standalone Dirac Live 2.0 version be available? Meanwhile it takes a very long time for us before we can use the new Dirac!!! Does anyone know when the new Dirac is ready?

Dirac Live is the same component for both OEM and PC setups

The difference is in the Processor component, which is in Beta stage

For those who use Dirac 2.0: experienced something strange - it was actually very bad, and strange as I used for the lack of issues in this domain

First, I measured 'Sofa' setting, and got focus moved heavily to the left channel. Then I thought something with the measurements points, and measured 'Chair'. Same result - either left channel emphasized, or right - if I swap the measurements points

Real disaster! What went wrong?

Same microphone, same version produced fine results in other system

The difference is that I used 'DirectSound', could not use anything else, did not produce any sound. First used 96Khz, then repeated with 48KHz -- no change apparently