IGNORED

More Hendrix in SACD and Vinyl, Pink Floyd in SACD

I just received a catalog in the mail from Acoustic Sounds. Inside the catalog they announce the upcoming releases slated for some time in 2018 of “Are You Experienced” and “Axis Bold As Love.” Both are produced in-house by Analogue Productions and will come in Hybrid SACD and limited release UHQR vinyl(5,000 copies in stereo and 1,500 copies in mono).

Whatever you may think about SACD/DSD, the provenance is as follows: “Newly Remastered By Bernie Grundman From The Original Analog Master Tapes.” For the SACDs they also state “Pure DSD Mastering.”

Further, they announce upcoming Analogue Productions Hybrid multichannel SACDs(in stereo and 5.1 surround mixes) of “Dark Side Of The Moon”and “Wish You Were Here.” No info at this time as to whether or not the Pink Floyd SACDs will see a 2018 release(these are listed as”preliminary details”).

I will jump on the pre-order right away. They already covered Wish You Were Here. Maybe a reissue?

Furutech GTX-D, GTX Wall Plate,106-D Cover > NCF Clearline >Custom Computer>J River [Current] > Curious Cable Evolved USB > Chord Hugo MScaler > WAVE Storm Dual BNC> Chord DAVE>DCA Stealth>my ears > audiophile brain

Great news about Hendrix.

Given the Pink Floyd titles announced, I guess these are the same transfers/mixes done for the previous SACD (or the Blu-ray) reissues. I can't imagine them doing another transfer of these valuable tapes, while everybody wants other Pink Floyd albums to be finally released in hi-rez (Animals, The Wall).

Claude

1 hour ago, CatManDo said:

Great news about Hendrix.

Given the Pink Floyd titles announced, I guess these are the same transfers/mixes done for the previous SACD (or the Blu-ray) reissues. I can't imagine them doing another transfer of these valuable tapes, while everybody wants other Pink Floyd albums to be finally released in hi-rez (Animals, The Wall).

I have to admit that I was also a bit perplexed about the PF announcement. It has to hugely expensive for Chad Kassem to get the rights to produce such a project so I would think that there’s something different about the Analogue Productions versions. Still, as I already have the latest reissues, I will probably pass on the new PF.

Regarding Hendrix, they had me at “hello.”

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

Well, the last two in the series were good. Hopefully this one will be too.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

1 hour ago, rickca said:

Thanks for posting @rickca. TBH, I'm expecting a little bit of a mixed bag seeing as these tracks are advertised as representing the last items from the vault(for now at least). Still, it would be great to hear the previously unreleased Hendrix tracks. Stephen Stills and Johnny Winter are the icing on the cake.

On 11/29/2017 at 9:17 AM, esimms86 said:

I have to admit that I was also a bit perplexed about the PF announcement.

Me too, I don't want another reissue of Wish You Were Here or Dark Side Of The Moon.

I'd much prefer SACDs for Animals, The Wall, and also the very under appreciated and overlooked The Final Cut, which is a sonic masterpiece of sorts for the genre and vintage.

So is the Roger Waters solo album The Pros and Cons Of Hitchhiking.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

On 11/28/2017 at 6:01 PM, KDinsmore said:

They already covered Wish You Were Here. Maybe a reissue?

Or maybe unlike the previous Analogue Productions SACD, this new one will be from the original stereo master mix?

The previous Wish You Were Here SACD was a remix from the multi tracks, an incredibly good one (rather astoundingly faithful to the original), but not the original stereo mix.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

I'd buy the SACD of "Äre You Experienced" for someone if the will rip it for me.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)