IGNORED

I'm not going to tell a lie...

20 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

besides the Aida, they make some cheap ones for $3k...

$3k is cheap?

I have dementia. I save all my posts in a text file I call Forums.  I do a search in that file to find out what I said or did in the past.

I still love music.

Teresa

On 11/28/2017 at 10:00 PM, AudioDoctor said:

I really like the Olympica 3 speakers.

Doc, you have good taste. I scored a great deal on a new pair from a local brick and mortar the day before New years last December. I absolutely love these speakers, not to mention, they are indeed hand crafted works of art. These are very likely to be my speakers for the long run.

Of course, a good buy on a used pair of the Elipsa SE's, in that incredible signature red, Sonus Faber, finish could sway me. But anything beyond that would require me robbing banks.

JC

On 11/29/2017 at 10:08 PM, Teresa said:

$3k is cheap?

Compared to multiple 5 figures it is. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

19 hours ago, TubeLover said:

Doc, you have good taste. I scored a great deal on a new pair from a local brick and mortar the day before New years last December. I absolutely love these speakers, not to mention, they are indeed hand crafted works of art. These are very likely to be my speakers for the long run.

Of course, a good buy on a used pair of the Elipsa SE's, in that incredible signature red, Sonus Faber, finish could sway me. But anything beyond that would require me robbing banks.

JC

I don't suggest robbing banks, I looked into it and found out that they usually put the robbers in prison and I wouldn't be able to bring my stereo...

I am a bit jealous, they are such beautiful speakers.  Now I want to come listen to them. ;)

No electron left behind.

On 12/3/2017 at 7:51 PM, AudioDoctor said:

I don't suggest robbing banks, I looked into it and found out that they usually put the robbers in prison and I wouldn't be able to bring my stereo...

I am a bit jealous, they are such beautiful speakers.  Now I want to come listen to them. ;)

Doc, if you want to make a road trip to Michigan, you're more than welcome to come and listen! 

JC