IGNORED

PS Audio Directstream DAC $2800 plus shipping (SOLD)

I have a few dacs inhouse, and if you ever read my Directstream dac reveiw you know I love this dac.

Here's the deal:  after the review I noticed something that affected several early production runs of the DS, that is, the analog rca jacks were loose on the back panel.  Since I already had a good working relationship with Paul and Ted I asked Ted about it and he offered to replace the entire audio board, making the dac functionally brand spanking new!  So I sent the dac back and it was returned soon after.

Since the analog board is where the majority of break in occurs, and since I had already committed to some other dacs for review I have never opened that box to re-break in the dac (a few hundred hours is my recommendation).  Therefore, I have also not updated it to the latest DS firmware, a step most are calling a qualitative shift upward in sonics.  That update takes less than a minute, btw.

So...you get a basically brand new, in box, unopened PS Audio Direcstream for $2800 plus shipping (from 44145).

Since it is still boxed up, I have no pics.  See the ones in the review. 

SOLD