IGNORED

Does anyone recognize this Tellurium Copper cable ?

PeterSt

5a168915f3cfb_TelluriumCopperCable01.thumb.JPG.96520d5318ea7110ba7e23d1dc7e5139.JPG

It should be some kind of digital (SPDIF) cable, as it is on its own in someone's estate, the family wondering how to sell it (how to describe it) and what the asking price should be.

5a16892649984_TelluriumCopperCable02.thumb.JPG.6438abb2b36318d53a6bb4343ccfbff4.JPG

I tried to Google it, but too much Tellurium copper around and nothing with this brand mark that I see.

Thanks !

Peter

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

is hydrogen embrittlement a big problem in audio cables ????

I see it discussed a lot when sports car guys want to plate structural parts, but...

Maybe the best thing would be to send them to the recycle bin

or post a fun ad on audiogon claiming magical properties and see who bites on a $666,000 interconnect

On 11/27/2017 at 12:56 PM, Ralf11 said:

is hydrogen embrittlement a big problem in audio cables ????

I see it discussed a lot when sports car guys want to plate structural parts, but...

Maybe the best thing would be to send them to the recycle bin

or post a fun ad on audiogon claiming magical properties and see who bites on a $666,000 interconnect

Don't do that! Some audio snob will buy it for $666,000. The fact that the brand is unheard of, will only convince the buyer that obscurity is proof positive of it's rarity, thus justifying it's price! After all, we don't want to rip anybody off (more than do sellers like AudioQuest, Kimber, or Nordost, anyway). :)

George

OK, It is on sale. Only today. $66,000 discount !!!

First come first serve. Only one available. Super rarity !

Drop me an email to have it.

Peter

XXHighEnd (developer)

6 hours ago, PeterSt said:

OK, It is on sale. Only today. $66,000 discount !!!

First come first serve. Only one available. Super rarity !

Drop me an email to have it.

Peter

This is how Nordost started, you know? Pricing their wares astronomically, just to see if they could get away with it. They did and the rest was history! :)

George

17 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

New Idea:  Put it on eBay with a flowery quasi-techno writeup and see how high the bidding goes

we could start a betting pool on the max bid...

Would you do that to a fellow audiophile? Where's the loyalty to your own kind? Has the disease of unbridled greed eaten this far into our society that even fellow travelers aren't sacred?  I'd say, go for it and to hell with the gullible ba***ards! :)

George

On 11/29/2017 at 8:21 AM, gmgraves said:

This is how Nordost started, you know? Pricing their wares astronomically, just to see if they could get away with it. They did and the rest was history! :)

A long time ago the Nordost dealer lent me a very expensive video cable. My TV did not show any color with this "extraordinary cable", except black and white!

Then I called another expert friend on TV and when I told him this he said, of course Nordost sold this cable as "uncolored".

Roch

1 hour ago, elcorso said:

A long time ago the Nordost dealer lent me a very expensive video cable. My TV did not show any color with this "extraordinary cable", except black and white!

Then I called another expert friend on TV and when I told him this he said, of course Nordost sold this cable as "uncolored".

Roch

I won't get sucked-in to another debate about whether or not "boutique" audio (or video) cables actual do anything, but my comments, above were merely an expression of awe over just how much companies such as Nordost and MIT charge for, what is, after all,  just wire! 

George

2 minutes ago, gmgraves said:

I won't get sucked-in to another debate about whether or not "boutique" audio (or video) cables actual do anything, but my comments, above were merely an expression of awe over just how much companies such as Nordost and MIT charge for, what is, after all,  just wire! 

I'm confused. I took Roch's post as a joke playing off the idea that components can "color" sound.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

3 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

My own kind?

I'm in a different haplotype group.

Yeah, fellow audiophile, fellow audio enthusiast, fellow music lover. You get the picture. Regardless of your chromosome  disposition, the fact that you are here on this forum makes you a fellow traveler at the very least. ;)

George

5 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

I'm confused. I took Roch's post as a joke playing off the idea that components can "color" sound.

It was, but he was playing off of my mock admonition about selling that "Tellurium" cable on E-bay to a fellow audiophile for many thousands of dollars. At least I took it that way... 

George

56 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

I bet we could all jointly write a nice ad for these cables...

Here's an example : https://telluriumq.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/why-no-tech-specs.pdf

swoon.gif.b37211d756ad374114e0bf91d1a962e8.gif

XXHighEnd (developer)

14 hours ago, kumakuma said:

Dear Kuma,

Just to finish my old story: At that time I was looking for an S-Video cable of 7 meters (24 '). I ended up finding it on Radio Sha(r)k Rainforest Store. A brand new Monster Cable, with an incredible package, where it stood out in large letters "Enjoy the Vivid Colors As In Real Life". I was so happy, US $ 70 instead of the US $ 700 from Nordost!

By that time I had a large collection of black and white films (used in truly serious films). What was my surprise that they began to appear all the colors of the rainbow thanks to this piece of wire?

Please Note 1: It is not my intention to start another discussion about audio cables, but sometimes video evidence is even more noticeable.

Please Note 2:  I'm sorry for the OP.  Please continue with Tellurium Copper cable history.

Best,

Roch