IGNORED

black Friday deals:

Isn't "Black Friday" supposed to be Friday on the 13th of the month?

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

14 minutes ago, sandyk said:

I don't give a stuff what you Yanks have corrupted from the original meaning for purely greedy commercial reasons !

The key word here in the Google definition  is (shopping)  which says it all !

It's bad enough that in recent years, that in Australia and many other countries, we now have greedy commercial interests, (especially from U.S. owned concerns now starting up here) that push Halloween, that used to be mainly a U.S. based custom ,

and never previously observed Downunder until recently , that is probably derived from the "good old days"  in Salem where they burnt people at the stake who thought or behaved differently to them.

I don't doubt that many members like yourself would love to do the same to Audiophiles too !

It's also a custom that now sees Halloween being used by criminals in disguises to gain entry to people's homes for often violent robberies.( Check out some of the Au. news reports.)

You might want to actually read some history. You would find that people were not burned at the stake in Salem. Though that would be quite common in Europe at their witch trails. Nor was the term "Black Friday" used ti describe any of the goings on there anyway.

The term "Black Friday" has not be "corrupted". But you don't really care, do you? You just want to be self-righteous...

18 minutes ago, Speed Racer said:

The term "Black Friday" has not be "corrupted". But you don't really care, do you? You just want to be self-righteous...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/0/friday-the-13th-why-is-it-so-unlucky/

As Australia was originally colonised by U.K. prisoners, it inherited these same beliefs about Friday the 13th and other superstitions. It's no surprise that most of the material found using Google is U.S. centric !

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

just got an email...

crux offering $200 off for the SOTM ULTRA

SPECIAL PRICING FOR

BLACK FRIDAY!

gif
gif
jpeg
gif gif

Limited items available at special prices until Nov 27!

Crux VIP members preview early for first choice - email us before they go up online on Thursday.

The full list is below. Once they're gone, they are gone! All prices in USD$. Please allow extra time for delivery.

gif
gif
jpeg
gif gif

E X T R A 2 0 %

All VOVOX cables 20% off from now until Nov 27. Please allow extra time for delivery.

E X T R A 1 5 %

A very limited number of NATIV Vita units 15% off until Monday, Nov 27. Available for immediate delivery.

gif
gif
jpeg
gif gif

VIP LIST PREVIEW

SOtM TRIFECTA UPGRADE

sMS-200ultra, sPS-500, and tX-USBultra package with free switch and free special edition upgrade (internal silver wiring & eABS for the sMS-200ultra)

Regular price $3190 | Black Friday price $2690

SOtM sMS-200ultra UPGRADE WITH CABLE

1 x sMS-200ultra plus 1 x sPS-500 with free special edition upgrade (internal silver wiring & eABS for the sMS-200ultra) and stranded silver 30cm DC cable

Regular price $2050 | Black Friday price $1700

SOtM sMS-200ultra SPECIAL EDITION UPGRADE

1 x sMS-200ultra with free special edition upgrade (internal silver wiring & eABS)

Regular price $1400 | Black Friday price $1200

SOtM sMS-200ultra SPECIAL EDITION SWITCH UPGRADE

1 x sMS-200ultra with free special edition upgrade (internal silver wiring & eABS for the sMS-200ultra) and free modded switch

Regular price $1700 | Black Friday price $1400

SOtM sPS-500 POWER SUPPLY CABLE UPGRADE

1 x sPS-500 with free upgrade from standard copper 30cm to stranded silver DC cable 30cm

Regular price $650 | Black Friday price $550

SOtM sMS-200 plus 1-YEAR ROON SUBSCRIPTION

1 x sMS-200 plus free one year subscription to Roon

Regular price $510 | Black Friday price $450

22 minutes ago, arcman said:

Who gives a rip...anyway...im interested in any audiophile black friday deals.....please post. I know Benchmark is giving away free cables with purchases. Decware just sent $50 coupons toward an amp.  

Unfortunately, many of these deals are likely to only apply to customers in U.S. territories.

As an example, even though Amazon is now starting up in Au.  , it will not ship some of it's specials such as SSDs etc. to Australia.

The whole black Friady idea is a farce.

I dislike companies that have special prices just because it's the holiday season when people feel obliged to buy crap for their so called beloved. I know one company that actually raised it's prices during this time of the year. IMHO that is applaudable.

Personally I try never to buy presents, just because it's winter solstice.

Personally I try to avoid spending money on, All Hallows Eve, Valentine's Day, Winter Solstice etc.

[br]

8 hours ago, sandyk said:

I don't give a stuff what you Yanks have corrupted from the original meaning for purely greedy commercial reasons !

The key word here in the Google definition  is (shopping)  which says it all !

It's bad enough that in recent years, that in Australia and many other countries, we now have greedy commercial interests, (especially from U.S. owned concerns now starting up here) that push Halloween, that used to be mainly a U.S. based custom ,and never previously observed Downunder until recently , that is probably derived from the "good old days"  in Salem where they burnt people at the stake who thought or behaved differently to them.

I don't doubt that many members like yourself would love to do the same to Audiophiles too !

It's also a custom that now sees Halloween being used by criminals in disguises to gain entry to people's homes for often violent robberies.( Check out some of the Au. news reports.)

You betta check yo self biatch!! Don't fuck with our shopping!

5 minutes ago, mordante said:

The whole black Friady idea is a farce.

I dislike companies that have special prices just because it's the holiday season when people feel obliged to buy crap for their so called beloved. I know one company that actually raised it's prices during this time of the year. IMHO that is applaudable.

Personally I try never to buy presents, just because it's winter solstice.

Hater 

Just now, mordante said:

Are you being sarcastic?

If you are not being sarcastic would you care to explain yourself.

Dude, it's quite simple, don't get between me and my shoppin unless you wanna get messed up. We Americans don't go around clownin on your fucked up pastimes, do we? It's about freedom! Freedom to buy as much as I want! It's a goddam birthright, sucka!

35 minutes ago, Mordikai said:

You betta check yo self biatch!! Don't fuck with our shopping!

You can bet your crown jewels that they don't lose money on these Black Friday specials where they settle for quantity sales at a smaller profit for each. That suggests that they probably have too  large a  mark up normally, and there is buyer resistance at their normal prices. It's bit like after Xmas sales where retailers make a large chunk of their yearly profits.

16 minutes ago, Mordikai said:

Dude, it's quite simple, don't get between me and my shoppin unless you wanna get messed up. We Americans don't go around clownin on your fucked up pastimes, do we? It's about freedom! Freedom to buy as much as I want! It's a goddam birthright, sucka!

What does any of this has to do with freedom or birthright?  Why is this such a sensitive subject for you?

Black Friday and all those other atrocious holiday crap is just a result of the over commercializing of this fucked up world. The world doesn't need a black Friday. A good old biblical world wide pandemic.

[br]

12 minutes ago, mordante said:

What does any of this has to do with freedom or birthright?  Why is this such a sensitive subject for you?

Black Friday and all those other atrocious holiday crap is just a result of the over commercializing of this fucked up world. The world doesn't need a black Friday. A good old biblical world wide pandemic.

What am a supposed to do? I work long hours for minimal pay at a very unsatisfying job. I've got a mortgage and a family to take care of. Besides my children the only joy I get is a little consumer buzz and you want to take that away? We Americans make a big deal out of Black Friday, the super bowl etc. because it's all we have. Life can be a slog, you need something to pull you through, a common celebration the working people share.

1 minute ago, Mordikai said:

We Americans make a big deal out of Black Friday, the super bowl etc. because it's all we have. Life can be a slog, you need something to pull you through. 

Actually, I took your original reply to me as quite humorous.

It made me grin .

I'm told there will be some good deals over the weekend at Sevenoaks. Sonos, TV & blue-ray packages, as well as deals on Bluesound. I'm guessing that any item not specifically listed in the Black Friday offers section would still be open to some kind of deal on the day.

Whilst I agree that the whole Black Friday thing is another unnecessary Americanism creeping over to good old Blighty, it seems that if shops don't take part in it, they would lose quite a bit of trade.