IGNORED

Mormon Tabernacle Choir

Anyone here old enough to remember the great audiophile recording of the 60's including the  Mormon Tabernacle Choir? Battle Hymn of the Republic?

In any case, they've returned through Reference Recordings Fresh series with another spectacular with  the Utah Symphony;  the Mahler Symphony No. 8. It's available in DXD and DSD in all the rates in stereo and multichannel at nativedsd.com

A secret to site friends; if you click the the individual track sample Play arrow a second time, after it runs its initial 45 seconds, it'll play the entire track.

Enjoy this important recording.

Tom 

• 1 month later...

Hi, Tom-

I have been searching for new(er) recordings of the Mahler 8, which I agree with you wholeheartedly is a very important piece. After listening to the samples, I'm looking to perhaps download this work, and I would value your opinion on something.

It is my understanding that any "lesser" resolutions are included with purchase of a piece (i.e. DSD64 is also included if you purchase DSD128 version), but I am struggling to balance file size with relative performance. I have an iFi Micro iDSD Black Label, which supports up to DSD512. Most of my listening is done off of an iOS device connected to the iFi, but I also have a PC at home which I use with the iFi.

I have read the resolution recommendations on the site, but would appreciate yours (and anyone elses) insights on "what resolution to buy." Do I buy the DSD256 version, and then maybe download the DSD64 files in addition for my iPhone?

Thanks so much for your valuable contributions to the community.

Regards,

Tyler

Office: iPod classic/iPad -> Shure SE425 IEM Home: Oppo BDP-83/Synology DS211j -> Integra DTR-7.8 -> Revel speakers