IGNORED

Neil Young Archives On New Streaming Service

8 minutes ago, mansr said:

Seems like it is now. A few days ago, https connections would hang forever. Also seems to have moved to CloudFront hosting. Perhaps related.

Indeed, there is a https access now. We must consider that NYA is a brand new service and teething troubles are usual. As long as technical issues are eliminated quickly, it is OK. 

On 12/5/2017 at 10:06 AM, left channel said:

You can also get at this from an Options page with friendly explanations and a menu, as explained on this Firefox Support page https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/performance-settings?as=u&utm_source=inproduct

2017-08-12-05-27-49-8a5454.png

I watched dom.ipc.processCount while I made changes to this menu. It defaults to "1" unless you enable hardware acceleration when it will defaults to "4". The menu offers a maximum of "7". I'd be interested to hear if "4" is enough for those experiencing stuttering and dropouts.

My results haven't been too bad, but I will also follow @old_bassist's example and send in a request for an app.

I was already at the default value of 4, boosted it to 7 and still got dropouts on 24/192. Maybe my motherboard is the weak link, or my crooked Comcast connection (speedtest tells me I have ~75 Mbps). Regardless, NY's archives don't work for me unless I want mp3. :S

Roon ROCK (Roon 1.7; NUC7i3) > Ayre QB-9 Twenty > Ayre AX-5 Twenty > Thiel CS2.4SE (crossovers rebuilt with Clarity CSA and Multicap RTX caps, Mills MRA-12 resistors; ERSE and Jantzen coils; Cardas binding posts and hookup wire); Cardas and OEM power cables, interconnects, and speaker cables

4 minutes ago, #Yoda# said:

An hour ago, I've got the message from OraStream that the NYA store is open now. I quickly checked the prices, they are anything else than competitive, the Warner Bros. store https://neilyoung.warnerbrosrecords.com/music-2/hd-digital.html is selling most of the albums for less than half of the price. Very disappointing! 

Wow!

Here's a couple screenshots as an example of the price differences. Not sure what's going on. Perhaps @OraStream can give us the rationale behind such higher prices.

Screen Shot 2017-12-13 at 9.06.02 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-12-13 at 9.06.10 AM.png

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

I find this to be quite a curious situation, in fact. And an incredible deal if those prices on the Warner Bros storefront hold and NYA/Orastream match them to boot.

Many, if not all, of the mainstream digital download stores are not remotely competitive with this. Just did a quick price comparison for the following album and found these results...

Neil Young - Storytone (Deluxe Edition) 192/24 FLAC:

Warner Bros Store  $13.99

Acoustic Sounds  $35.98

HDtracks  $34.98

7digital  $31.49

Roon Nucleus REV B -> DH Labs Mirage USB Cable -> Ayre QB-9 Twenty DAC -> SPL Elector Preamp -> Bryston 2.5 Cubed amp -> Magnepan 1.7i speakers + REL T9x

jonathan

7 minutes ago, spin33 said:

I find this to be quite a curious situation, in fact. And an incredible deal if those prices on the Warner Bros storefront hold and NYA/Orastream match them to boot.

Many, if not all, of the mainstream digital download stores are not remotely competitive with this. Just did a quick price comparison for the following album and found these results...

Acoustic Sounds  $35.98

HDtracks  $34.98

7digital  $31.49

Wow, those prices are actually in line with my own expectations for hi-rez DLs. I'll be shopping there directly!

Roon ROCK (Roon 1.7; NUC7i3) > Ayre QB-9 Twenty > Ayre AX-5 Twenty > Thiel CS2.4SE (crossovers rebuilt with Clarity CSA and Multicap RTX caps, Mills MRA-12 resistors; ERSE and Jantzen coils; Cardas binding posts and hookup wire); Cardas and OEM power cables, interconnects, and speaker cables

34 minutes ago, spin33 said:

Acoustic Sounds  $35.98

HDtracks  $34.98

7digital  $31.49

Neil Young - Storytone Deluxe Edition 24/192 from 7Digital in mainland Europe €17.99 and on the wannabe separate island nearby £ 18.49.

42 minutes ago, #Yoda# said:

Neil Young - Storytone Deluxe Edition 24/192 from 7Digital in mainland Europe €17.99 and on the wannabe separate island nearby £ 18.49.

There's a name for that: rip-off Britain. Stuff has always been priced at the same number in pounds, euros, and dollars, even when the pound to dollar rate was 1:2. With the falling pound, it's actually become less of a rip-off. Thank you, brexiteers.

Well, it appears that the U.S. NY/Warners store site is undergoing a reorganization and adjustment in pricing. Earlier, I purchased and downloaded Psychedelic Pill 192/24 FLAC for $9.99. (That's a 'double album' btw). All the other HD offerings I could see were similarly priced. Left to run some errands while it was downloading, figuring I'd probably grab a couple more titles when I returned home if all had turned out well. No such luck. All pricing has changed. My Psych Pill downloaded just fine and I'm listening to it now. Guess I ended up with a one-time deal as it's now listed for $25.99. All other titles showing have a similar 150% increase from what I'd seen earlier. That, and there seem to be titles missing that had been there before. The Storytone (Deluxe Version) I'd referenced before doesn't show on the main HD page, but it can be found by doing a search and it's now $32.98, not the $13.99 I'd seen earlier.

Seems like, in the end, it will prob be a case of Warner having messed up the pricing on their own site rather than NYA/Orastream's.

Roon Nucleus REV B -> DH Labs Mirage USB Cable -> Ayre QB-9 Twenty DAC -> SPL Elector Preamp -> Bryston 2.5 Cubed amp -> Magnepan 1.7i speakers + REL T9x

jonathan

6 hours ago, beetlemania said:

Wow, those prices are actually in line with my own expectations for hi-rez DLs. I'll be shopping there directly!

Shit, prices went up $10 since I looked this afternoon!

Everything is rigged!

• 1 year later...