IGNORED

Audio technica ath m50 sound bad... i think...

Recently i bought an pair of used Audio Technica ath m50 (not m50x) headphones that were supposedly "used very little" and found that they did not sound very good. I feel that they sound worse than the apple ear-pods. Not if this is the right way to describe it, but everything seems to be "less clear". I've opened them up to look at the drivers and they look genuine. Could they be damaged somehow?

Am I doing something wrong? 

On 11/17/2017 at 1:24 AM, jasondads said:

Recently i bought an pair of used Audio Technica ath m50 (not m50x) headphones that were supposedly "used very little" and found that they did not sound very good. I feel that they sound worse than the apple ear-pods. Not if this is the right way to describe it, but everything seems to be "less clear". I've opened them up to look at the drivers and they look genuine. Could they be damaged somehow?

Am I doing something wrong? 

Lots of name-brand headphones are cloned, and some clones and their packaging are very good copies.  Barring that, see if the earpads are the originals.  The original M50 had an amazing bass that stayed strong and reasonably detailed way down deep.  The treble could be a little rough though.  The M50 midrange should be fairly good.

14 hours ago, dalethorn said:

Lots of name-brand headphones are cloned, and some clones and their packaging are very good copies.  Barring that, see if the earpads are the originals.  The original M50 had an amazing bass that stayed strong and reasonably detailed way down deep.  The treble could be a little rough though.  The M50 midrange should be fairly good.

I followed this video 

under the ear cup the sticker has the number 1143 instead of 1340 and the driver has a 125b sticker. The pcb looks very similar one shown in the video and the headband is metal. 

IMG_3440.thumb.JPG.5b2cfd101f965f1baf59f3c9f8ab73bc.JPG

This pair should be fake... right?