IGNORED

"So What" Static?

I bought "the Perfect Miles Davis Collection" of 20 albums on CD. I have really enjoyed this set and understand that it has the best masters available for the Red Book content. I don't know if that is the case, but it is what I have read in several places.

Anyway, has anyone else noticed an issue with static in the upper midrange in the first 1:30 of the track when Miles is playing the trumpet in the "So What" track of the "Kind of Blue" album? Specifically starting at :55 it is quite noticeable. Anyone else with this CD hear it?

At first I thought it was my speakers but then I listened to the same track on a different set of speakers and heard the same thing. Even the Tidal album has the same issue.

Nope. Other than the known tape distortion, mine plays through fine. I have the double disc mono and stereo versions that came out last year (supposedly “limited edition” but who knows). Sounds very good. Cliche as it is one of the best jazz albums, and the track I use as a reference for gear. My poor tinnitus ravaged hearing uses Miles as a fatigue/pain gauge. Probably the biggest single gain in tolerating his  registers was the recent ground shunting I did of everything dc powered even remotely connected to the Ethernet. Anyway, love this record - listening to it right now. Family gone for a week, speakers pulled out, furniture pushed aside, sounding absolutely sublime. 

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

Ok, now I know what you’re talking about. Yeah, he comes in hot there. Some mixes/systems more noticeable than others. 

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab.