IGNORED

ECM on Tidal

realhifi

4 hours ago, sixman said:

Is there any quick way to look up the ecm catalogue on roon/tidal?

No. And I suggest every subscriber write to Tidal and complain about their limited search mechanism.

I wrote them recently and did. Requested a way to search just for results in a sub category like "masters", or an artist within that category. 

Search by label would also be good, but mostly what they need is the ability to have a 2 level search.

Maybe if enough of us complain they will add such a feature. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

17 hours ago, firedog said:

No. And I suggest every subscriber write to Tidal and complain about their limited search mechanism.

I wrote them recently and did. Requested a way to search just for results in a sub category like "masters", or an artist within that category. 

Search by label would also be good, but mostly what they need is the ability to have a 2 level search.

Maybe if enough of us complain they will add such a feature. 

Yeah, the roon/tidal search function is terrible.

I see the What Hifi? monthly play list pop up from time to time, but cant figure out how to search for them. One example of many

Well well, good news indeed..until I got to the MQA part :/

Are the MQA albums also available in the better sounding, higher res, DRM free 16/44 PCM versions as well?

I can tell you this - ECM will now sell me more albums because now I can hear them.   I think I only own a dozen or so.  This anti-streaming stance on the part of artists & labels is self defeating (no reason to go into all the reasons they are hoppin mad - already aware).  Heck, they should even consider paying the streaming services to make their music available!

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

6 minutes ago, crenca said:

Are the MQA albums also available in the better sounding, higher res, DRM free 16/44 PCM versions as well?

The ones I've looked at are. It's a bit bizarre actually, there's a weird mix when you look at them on Roon. If you do "Go to TIDAL version" it goes to the -other- version if I recall correctly. Roon still needs to improve the MQA filtering/indicators.

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

9 minutes ago, crenca said:

I can tell you this - ECM will now sell me more albums because now I can hear them.   I think I only own a dozen or so.  This anti-streaming stance on the part of artists & labels is self defeating (no reason to go into all the reasons they are hoppin mad - already aware).  Heck, they should even consider paying the streaming services to make their music available!

Completely agree!

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

Indeed QOBUZ has, altho' I did notice recently that many are still tagged as download only ... perhaps that will change by the month end.

Main System: NAS or QOBUZ > BlueSound Node 2i > Schiit Gungnir MultiBit > PYST XLR > Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Gilmore Lite MK2

Office System: iMac > Audirvana > Schiit EITR + Audiophonics LPS25 > Metrum FLINT NOS DAC (DAC TWO chips) > Schiit Magni 3+ > Aeon Flow Open

Loudspeaker System: NAIM Muso Gen 2

12 hours ago, Charente said:

Indeed QOBUZ has, altho' I did notice recently that many are still tagged as download only ... perhaps that will change by the month end.

Hmmmm.

I’m streaming right now.  They even have a profile of the legendary producer in their app.

On 14/11/2017 at 3:07 AM, sixman said:

Is there any quick way to look up the ecm catalogue on roon/tidal?

Yes. On Tidal:

• Go to "What's New"
  • Scroll down - below "Playlists", below "Shows & Podcasts", all the way down.
  • There's a new category "ECM - NOW ON TIDAL" which lists 500! albums

Even better, there is even a selection of ECM's MQA albums listed there.

5 hours ago, matthias said:

Is there watermarking on streamed ECM music from Tidal and Qobuz?

Thanks

Matt

They are just normal tracks, like everything else on Tidal. Why? Are you planning on recording the streams?

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

3 hours ago, firedog said:

They are just normal tracks, like everything else on Tidal. Why? Are you planning on recording the streams?

No, not at all.

Just wondering whether there is an audible degradation of the SQ caused by watermarking.

Do streamed redbook ECM music have the same SQ as CDs from ECM?

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)