IGNORED

For Sale: Gustard modified 9028 Pro DAC (and other gear)

I am offering for sale my modded Gustard Pro DAC.

$650, including Paypal and free shipping to the continental U.S.

This DAC was modded by Ric at EVS and has an upgraded Crystek 950 clock, upgraded output section and improved power characteristics.

Please note:  This DAC does not have a USB input!  I operated using both SPDIF and I2S.

The machine is black.

Original price for the DAC was $825 plus $650 in mods.  Excellent condition.  I am very happy with it, but moving up to another machine.

I have other gear I am listing for sale as well.  Happy to offer a discount for multiple purchases!

ifi SPDIF ipurifier (also modded by Ric...outstanding upgrade)  $100; original $150   SOLD

Oppo HA-2 portable headphone dac/amp  $200; original $299

HDPlex LPS (older model 5/9/12/19v outputs)  $150  SOLD

Squeezebox Touch $150

Broadwell NUC 8 GB RAM/128 GB SSD  $300

Vanity HD 103 SPDIF board...converts your Oppo 103 into audiophile MCH player  $400  SOLD

Samsung Galaxy Tab S (black 8.5 in) ... used it as an audio server in my car  $125  SOLD

Audioengine D3 DAC and Audioquest Jitterbug combo  $50

All the equipment is in very good or better condition.

plus flat fee $25 for Pp/shipping

Thanks for looking.  Make a fair offer and we will have deal.

GCA4.JPG

GCA1.JPG

GCA2.JPG

GCA3.JPG

jjk

Just offering some support on this wonderful dac.  For those not in the know Gustard makes some very good dacs.  They are extremely well built have excellent power supplies with 2 tranny's both 50 watters.  1 supplies the Digital board one supplies the output board.  I have owned and modified Gustards following Ric Schultz guidelines.  I was the first person that I am aware of to get the X20u to play DSD512 via a third party Internal USB card.  I have compared a modified Gustard at DSD512 (similar to the one listed above but the non-pro version, 9018 chips) against the T+A dac8 DSD and the difference between the 2 was not great.  The Gustard acquitted itself quite nicely a $1300 dac with mods against a $4K dac, not bad.  The one above is the pro version and uses Dual ESS9028 chips even more competent at 512 than the one I mention above.  With a singxer SU-1, firmware 2.22 and a Holo spring driver via the Gustards I2S input you can listen to DSD512 with this dac.  Within the next 30 days Singxer is releasing a new driver which will support native DSD512 eliminating the need for the Holo spring driver.

jjkale is asking a VERY fair price for an incredible dac, I never played with the output section of this dac Ric did and spent a lot of time improving it's SQ.  I am convinced that this machine would better the one I compared to the T+A.  Gustards really shine on DSD playback if you are in the market for an excellent DSD dac (it also plays PCM) then this is it.

BTW- I have never met jjkale nor do I know him from forum posts.  I am a gustard fan and this is a real deal.