IGNORED

Program to compare 2 audio files?

33 minutes ago, wgscott said:

It works.  It just won't embed the checksum into ALAC files as metadata.  (My script has a workaround that embeds it instead into the resource fork).  I don't think there is any need for embedding the checksum for what he is doing.

But perhaps we should have some sort of bitter, personal argument about this, complete with death threats and appeals for moderator intervention, banning, and so forth.

Well we could become bitter enemies in regard to whether one should use scripts, terminal windows etc. or whether only a graphical user interface is modern, reliable and rational.  

Or whether any sane person should be using a Mac anyway. 

Or how iTunes is an industry wide conspiracy against audiophiles and should be considered an infectious virus. 

Or how the software would have worked if ralf had only used a linear power supply so as not to corrupt the bits which only pretend to be the same on a surface level.  

That's about all I have.  You have any better ideas?

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

So did you get a good checksum or null on your two files?

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

4 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

I downloaded iHash and ran it but no output appeared.

will have to try again when I get more time

Something weird is happening then.  Haven't you failed to get a checksum with the other approaches too? I tried the iHash and MD5 command.  No trouble getting a hash.  Any file should hash to something.