IGNORED

SGC sonicTransporter problem

First post in a LONG time...

Having some issues with SGC sonicTransporter i3 running Roon Core. I find that I have to restart the i3 every time I want to open Roon on my iMac or iPhone. The application cannot find the Core. Sometimes, the i3 is not even listed as connected to the network when I open my HD icon on my Mac desktop. If I turn the i3 off and restart it, Roon will then function fine. I thought initially that this had something to do with placing the i3 in my office, separated from the router by two switches, so I moved it to the basement and connected it directly to one of the ethernet ports on the router itself. No improvement. I also have Roon installed on my iMac, but have chosen the i3 as the source for Roon Core in the settings. Could the duplication of Roon Core in my system be causing confusion? Or is there some other explanation? I would like to leave the i3 running Core turned on permanently so I could access it anytime from my phone or pad - that's sort of the point of a server, no?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Dave

You're only supposed to have one pc running core - could definitely be part out the problem. Have you called SGC? I understand their service is fantastic.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100

I've been to their website and there is no support page that allows for an email exchange. That's why I posted here - I've seen SGC responses to questions posed by other members so I thought I'd take a chance. To be honest - I never considered actually making a phone call. That just seems too "analog". I'll give it a try...

Thanks for the response.

2 hours ago, dmagnus1 said:

I've been to their website and there is no support page that allows for an email exchange. That's why I posted here - I've seen SGC responses to questions posed by other members so I thought I'd take a chance. To be honest - I never considered actually making a phone call. That just seems too "analog". I'll give it a try...

Thanks for the response.

You can contact Andrew Gillis of SGC at: [email protected]

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

4 hours ago, dmagnus1 said:

Thanks for the response.

well, as it turns out, there is no phone number on their web site!  your instincts were right!

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100

Turns out there IS a pop-up "contact us" box on SGC, which I used, and Andrew responded quickly and was very helpful. He also noted problem likely caused by two Roon Cores. Advised me to switch Roon Core to Remote on my Mac. He thought running sT behind a couple of switches would not be a problem, but always best to connect direct to router. Also thought my original sT might be overtaxed by collection size (10K tracks - mostly from Tidal favs). Will make changes and see. Thanks for those who helped.

Dave