IGNORED

transfer music about 3TB from Qnap to Melco

Without knowing which QNAP you have and not knowing much at all about Melco, the fastest way is generally by direct connection.  For example, I copy TBs of files from/to my QNAP by connecting it directly to a USB drives and controlling the transfer from the QNAP web interface.  OTOH, I also copy stuff from/to my QNAP via LAN/ethernet by using one of my PCs to manage the transfer.

Kal Rubinson

Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

How did you do it?  Generally, I connect to the front-panel USB port and the NAS recognizes the attached drive.  It asks how you want to open it and I open it for viewing.  Then I go to File Manager, select what I want to transfer and direct it to the HDD.  Alternatively, I go to the HDD directory in the File Manager, select what I want to transfer and direct it to the appropriate directory in the NAS.

Kal Rubinson

Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

• 1 month later...

Did you get your data moved.  With the QNAP and the MELCO on the same network you can use a PC or a Mac to copy the files.  I would make sure you use a   program that verifies the copy.  I have not done this in about 6 months so I may be a bit rusty I no longer have access to a Melco.  

Let us know if you still need help.