IGNORED

Sonore ultraDigital v2.0

1 hour ago, oneguy said:

Any plan to make it DSD512 capable with a firmware upgrade or is it hardware limited?

I don't have a way to test it and honestly I don't care to support it:) That said you can try it if you like, but its not a listed feature.   

1 hour ago, TubeMan said:

What's the difference between this and Singer SU1 / F-1,

as i can see it uses  Singer standard driver

The Singxer F-1 is 100% USB bus powered. The Singxer SU-1 is USB bus powered on the XMOS side (dirty side) and linear powered on the digital output side (clean side). The ultraDigital is a condensed version of the Singxer SU-1 main board with some minor tweaks. In this case the USB bus powers the XMOS side (dirty side) and external power is used for the digital output side (clean side).

53 minutes ago, bunno77 said:

I hope this leads to a new i2s xxxxrendu product in the future. 

Hope more dacs are made with i2s inputs too. 

This product is for customers looking to connect none USB devices to our gear. I'm not convinced that there is much of a market for external i2s sources these days.   

11 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

This product is for customers looking to connect none USB devices to our gear. I'm not convinced that there is much of a market for external i2s sources these days.   

Good point. But I believe that there would be a market for a modular ultraRendu. One that can be ordered with USB, SPDIF or i2s outputs and that can host a 2.5" HDD. 

1 minute ago, vortecjr said:

That sounds like stuff we made 5 years ago:)

I do not know what Sonore made 5 years ago but, today, I am not aware of any manufacturer that makes modular dedicated audio servers/players. It is good to have the ultraDigital but, for ultraRendu owners, it would probably be better if they could add a SPDIF output to their device: no need for yet another PSU, shorter signal paths and a more dependable upgrade roadmap. We need more modular solutions, not yet another reincarnation of the same bits and pieces.   

28 minutes ago, nbpf said:

I do not know what Sonore made 5 years ago but, today, I am not aware of any manufacturer that makes modular dedicated audio servers/players. It is good to have the ultraDigital but, for ultraRendu owners, it would probably be better if they could add a SPDIF output to their device: no need for yet another PSU, shorter signal paths and a more dependable upgrade roadmap. We need more modular solutions, not yet another reincarnation of the same bits and pieces.   

The system is module right now...you can connect any USB device you want to a micro/ultraRendu. Not every device needs external power, but some do. If people really like the ultraDigtial we have the option to drop it into a Signature Rendu SE case. For right now though it's an accessory.

12 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Yep understood. 

I2s is the superior connection method though yeah? I hope the industry goes this way. 

Maybe Ethernet between devices could be good too? Linn and Kef use Ethernet already. 

I'm no engineer or technical guru though so I'm just guessing. 

Peach Audio Iso Transformer, Linn Akurate DSM, McIntosh MA2275 

Paradigm 30th Anniversary Tributes, SVS SB13 Ultra x2, Dynaudio BM5A MKII

9 hours ago, bunno77 said:

Yep understood. 

I2s is the superior connection method though yeah? I hope the industry goes this way. 

Maybe Ethernet between devices could be good too? Linn and Kef use Ethernet already. 

I'm no engineer or technical guru though so I'm just guessing. 

Maybe not. In this case you have you have additional cables and circuits that can add jitter. I plan to do some measurements here with my system, but it’s not easy and it would be system dependent. Either way it will not likely be adopted by the industry. 

6 hours ago, JohnSwenson said:

Not necessarily, I2S is one directional, the clock is part of the bus, ultimately this is the wrong way to be doing it, you want the clock in the DAC and everything else syncing to it, not the other way around.

So while I2S doesn't have some of the ills of some other interfaces, it adds different problems, so any particular implementation is trade offs between these. Thus there can be no generic "this one is better than that one". As with many other things, it depends on implementation.

John S.

The PS Audio DS does not us the clock and derives it’s own in the DAC. The W4S DAC does not use the master clock and instead uses its own Femto clock near the DAC chip. On the other hand the PS Audio PWD does use the master clock, but who is to say that this isn’t a better overall clock:) Anyway, something to take into account.

I'm on the fence with this product and can't wait for some reviews to help me decide. I have two dacs that I could use with this product, one, the Mirus Pro and two, the PS Audio Direct stream dac, understanding that they rely on their own internal clock. I am going to look at the reviews of the Singxer SU-1 to get an idea of the improvement they gave. Also I have the Chord Dave dac with the Chord Blu Mk 2. I wonder if it would work with that? What is the main purpose of this product? To reduce jitter even further?

14 minutes ago, Sonic77 said:

... Also I have the Chord Dave dac with the Chord Blu Mk 2. I wonder if it would work with that? What is the main purpose of this product? To reduce jitter even further?

It seems to me that the main purpose of the device is to convert USB streams into SPDIF and i2s streams. I am not sure that there is a jitter measure associated to a USB stream that can possibly be reduced. But the precision of the clocks on the device will determine the amount of jitter of the outgoing stream, I guess.   

The Singxer photo is available by your friend google. 

So I’m more than happy with pictures of the inside of UD. 

It would of cause be interesting to know who designed it. Not sure how to understand the word condensed. 

If desiged by Singxer and maybe added some better regulators, this may be the ultimate DCC.

My modified SU-1 powered by LPS-1 is very nice ?

It’s also interesting to notice that Sonore suggest (by offering the best Y-split cable available ?) that both the UltraRendu/MicroRendu and the UR can or should? be powered from the same LPS-1 (well at least same PS). 

I wonder if we will get audiophile HMDI cables soon. Someone may start to put Ghent into business ?

Just wonder what John S is designing these days.....

On 24.11.2017 at 1:34 PM, vortecjr said:

I'm not convinced that there is much of a market for external i2s sources these days.   

Well, it seems  none of the present standards and formats really is. Well I mean designed for audio transfer with higher bit rate. 

Except maybe Ethernet ?

But Jesus, I hope you add XLR in next version of your DCC, as those of us that have expensive  DAC’s without USB, quite often prefer the AES/EBU interface. Or maybe an UltraRendu with RCA and XLR ?

Looking forward to listening impressions with the UD. And especially in comparison with the SU-1.