IGNORED

Sonore ultraDigital v2.0

4 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

I would use an external USB to analog converter and set the Marantz to bypass mode so it only amplifies the signal.

Not sure I understand... the ND8006 isn't a pre/pro, it's a CD/streamer/DAC so there's no amplification being applied to the signal. 

1 hour ago, JFHSQT said:

Not sure I understand... the ND8006 isn't a pre/pro, it's a CD/streamer/DAC so there's no amplification being applied to the signal. 

Just try with a Singxer or ultraDigital or any well known converter. 

And the USPCB. 

Is exchanging the ND8006 into a DAC a possible option ? ?

1 hour ago, R1200CL said:

Just try with a Singxer or ultraDigital or any well known converter. 

And the USPCB. 

Is exchanging the ND8006 into a DAC a possible option ? ?

I think to get to a noticeable "next level" improvement in sound quality over the ND8006's DAC I'd probably have to go with a Yggy and ultraRendu and ultraDigital... that puts me at about $4,000 all-in versus the $1200 for the ND8006. Beyond that I'm looking at $5K + units like Auralic and Lumin which is way more than my budget. My preferred sound profile is musical and engaging rather than detailed and clinical so boxes like the Brooklyn 3 are probably going to get me a different sound than what I'm after. I've read good things about the Yggy and it does have 2 RCA outs, which is something I need (I feed analog outs to a Luxman tube preamp and an Anthem MRX 720 for bass management)... I am not opposed to trying that out, but it's a big price jump.

4 hours ago, JFHSQT said:

Anthem MRX 720

What stops you from feed UltraRendu with a converter direct into that beast ?

Also, are you aware of HAF and the possibilities Roon offer there ?

Luxman tube is nice. The last ting you should remove.?

So much fun you can have by just adding quality tubes.

3 hours ago, R1200CL said:

What stops you from feed UltraRendu with a converter direct into that beast ?

Also, are you aware of HAF and the possibilities Roon offer there ?

Luxman tube is nice. The last ting you should remove.?

So much fun you can have by just adding quality tubes.

The ND8006 has a better engineered DAC implementation than the Anthem, plus I only use the Anthem for home theater, and I use the Luxman CL-40 and PrimaLuna ProLogue for music. 

I have seem to have solved my problems, although unfortunately they don't involve the uRendu... I found that using my Oppo 205 as a Roon endpoint sending SPDIF Coax into the Marantz DAC into the Luxman -> Prima combo offers the best sound of any options I've tested over the past several weeks. I had originally planned on selling the 205, but I've found out any profit I would make would go back into additional endpoints, power supplies, and/or more expensive DAC/Streamer combos.

8 hours ago, JFHSQT said:

I found that using my Oppo 205 as a Roon endpoint sending SPDIF Coax into the Marantz DAC

This tells us that a solution with the UltraRendu and a SPDIF converter most likely is the best way to beat Heos. And mission accomplished. 

And yes, you’re right, selling the Oppo will need you to spend money on a preferably modified  Singxer SU-1 (Or an UltraDigital) and a LPS-1.2 and a conversion kit from Ghent or j

But you’re not selling your UltraRendu, or ?

On 9/9/2018 at 2:50 AM, R1200CL said:

This tells us that a solution with the UltraRendu and a SPDIF converter most likely is the best way to beat Heos. And mission accomplished. 

And yes, you’re right, selling the Oppo will need you to spend money on a preferably modified  Singxer SU-1 (Or an UltraDigital) and a LPS-1.2 and a conversion kit from Ghent or j

But you’re not selling your UltraRendu, or ?

I did decide to stick with the Oppo 205 as a streamer with SPDIF into the ND8006, which would keep me from spending any more money, and unfortunately I returned the ultraRendu for a refund. Just couldn't see getting rid of the 205 and having to spend any profit on even more equipment just to get back to where I was. 

• 2 months later...
8 hours ago, bobflood said:

Try the PS Audio settings. Darko reviewed the Denafrips using a W4S server and the I2S input and he used the PS Audio settings and it worked fine. Try it and please report back.

Was it the video review...I can't search for key words on those:) He suggest it's the PS Audio spec. The i2s and master clock pins seem to match. However, pins 15 through 21 do not match and there is no telling what they do and how they affect things. Still worth a try IMO though.  

On 11/30/2018 at 4:26 PM, vortecjr said:

He suggest it's the PS Audio spec. The i2s and master clock pins seem to match. However, pins 15 through 21 do not match and there is no telling what they do and how they affect things.

The uD utilizes a custom/modified Singxer SU-1 board at it's core, correct?  Looking at the PS Audio standard LVDS image on the SU-1 page and comparing it to figure 1 on page 5 of the Denafrips Terminator manual... they certainly look the same.

Or am I missing something?

48 minutes ago, Talesin said:

The uD utilizes a custom/modified Singxer SU-1 board at it's core, correct?  Looking at the PS Audio standard LVDS image on the SU-1 page and comparing it to figure 1 on page 5 of the Denafrips Terminator manual... they certainly look the same.

Yeah...that looks fine.

On 11/30/2018 at 6:26 PM, vortecjr said:

Was it the video review...I can't search for key words on those:) He suggest it's the PS Audio spec. The i2s and master clock pins seem to match. However, pins 15 through 21 do not match and there is no telling what they do and how they affect things. Still worth a try IMO though.  

Yes it was the video review which I found on YouTube.

20 hours ago, Talesin said:

I thought that the ultraDigital was based on the F-1, - not the SU-1. If the SU-1, - then that is a big step down than the much better F-1.

1 hour ago, R1200CL said:

SU-1 is the best

UttraDigial second based on SU-1

Then F1

U16 is the best.

powered F-1 is the second best

Pro3z is the 3rd best.

berkeley USB is the 4th best.

Audiophileo with Power is the 5th.

Modified SU-1 is better....

and lastly, - a straight-up SU-1 is a pretty far 7th...

Have you heard the F-1? 

5 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

My first upgrade from M2Tech EVO ?

Sold, and bought the modified SU-1

Also own the UltraDigital, that should be listed. 

Looking to me like I should be crossing the ultraDigital off my list if it's a SU-1 board under the hood....I guess that I got it wrong in my thinking that it was a modified F-1. After a new AC cord for the U16, - and some run-in time, - I'll be comparing the F-1 to the U16. If the U16 loses, - I'll get an iFi power supply for the F-1. Appreciate our exchange even though we disagree about the SU-1, - it helped me learn about the ultradigital....

4 hours ago, Albrecht said:

I thought that the ultraDigital was based on the F-1, - not the SU-1. If the SU-1, - then that is a big step down than the much better F-1.

This post from Jesus will help you.

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/37438-sonore-ultradigtial/?do=findComment&comment=746581

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

• 3 weeks later...

Quick question on the Ultradigital and the Stellar Dac from PS Audio.

Is it normal for the sample rate information and pcm/dsd to not show up on the SGCD? I'm assuming since the masterclock is turned off by default that there is no information for the DAC to display.

9 hours ago, Cxp said:

Quick question on the Ultradigital and the Stellar Dac from PS Audio.

Is it normal for the sample rate information and pcm/dsd to not show up on the SGCD? I'm assuming since the masterclock is turned off by default that there is no information for the DAC to display.

That would be a question for PS Audio.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio