IGNORED

Sonore ultraDigital v2.0

It may now but didn't when I purchased the ultraDigital. It showed up later on your list, but I wondered how it got there as I thought I needed an upgrade from W4S which I never heard about even though I was pestering them.

Bob

Mac Mini M1 12 volt dc > Roon > HQ Player to DSD 256 > Fibre to EtherRegen w/LPS1.2 and BG7TBL OCXO > Sonore microRendu v1.3 > IsoRegen > Denafrips Iris > i2s  > Denafrips Pontus II > Schiit Freya+ w/ Linlai E-6SN7's >  Nord One Up NCore 500 monoblocks REV D w/SI990Enh op amps > Martin Logan Impression 11A w/ dual Rythmik E15HP2 subs. Supra Cat8, JPS Labs Superconductor+ cables

12 hours ago, rah50 said:

It may now but didn't when I purchased the ultraDigital. It showed up later on your list, but I wondered how it got there as I thought I needed an upgrade from W4S which I never heard about even though I was pestering them.

Email me your DAC Diagnostics so we can see what’s up.

• 4 weeks later...

can I ask a couple of questions about ultradigital? 

1) does it work with denafrips terminator via hdmi?

2) is it the same box as ultrarendu?

3) can I use masterclock of terminator and not ultradigital if connect them via hdmi?

4) can it replace hydra z or hydra give better sound anyway in the end?

Thank you!

7 hours ago, bearrior said:

can I ask a couple of questions about ultradigital? 

1) does it work with denafrips terminator via hdmi?

2) is it the same box as ultrarendu?

3) can I use masterclock of terminator and not ultradigital if connect them via hdmi?

4) can it replace hydra z or hydra give better sound anyway in the end?

Thank you!

You have to confirm that their pin assignment matches the ones we offer. The ultraDigital and the ultra Rendu use the same enclosure. I’m not sure how your terminator works to say it it uses the ultraDigital’s low jitter clock. I’ll leave sound comparisons to you. 

On #3.  This is up to how the Denafrips works internally via I2S, and you would have to ask them to know.  Typically, most DACs with I2S use the incoming masterclock from the I2S source, but not all DACs do this.  The clocks in the ultraDigital are "Femto" level clocks, and they each are powered by a dedicated, ultra low noise voltage regulator so they do perform very, very, well.

4.  As Jesus suggests, only you can determine which is better in your set up from a subjective point of view, technically, is it correct that the Hydra/HydraZ have some sample rate limitations?  With the Denafrips I would expect better performance by oversampling in software to high rates of PCM/DSD, and this is where the ultraDigital may have a technical advantage, as it is capable of receiving high rates of both PCM and DSD and outputting them over I2S.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/31/2017 at 4:24 AM, vortecjr said:

ultraDigtial-front.png

DESCRIPTION

The Sonore ultraDigital project is a USB digital converter with SPDIF output via BNC and a LVDS i2s output via HDMI. The LVDS i2s output supports various formats for compatibility with various digital to analog converters. For use with microRendu, ultraRendu, and Signature Rendu SE only. Please note Sonore will not provide support for direct connection to OS X or Windows.

SPECIFICATIONS

1. SPDIF output via BNC: PCM 44.1K-192K, DSD64 via DOP

2. LVDS i2s output via HDMI: PCM 44.1K-384K, native DSD64, DSD128, DSD256

3. USB input support PCM, DSD via DoP, and native DSD via Linux

4. No drivers needed for Linux and OS X

5. Power input: 6-9 VDC

6. Selectable LVDS i2s output formats via HDMI: Gustard, PS Audio, Holo Audio, L.K.S., Wyred4Sound

7. Selectable master clock output rate (for DIY use only)

Screen Shot 2017-12-31 at 7.51.44 AM.png

Hi,

If one is using  the ultraRendu with the UltraDigital does one need a powered USB cable, since the ultradigital is powered?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers,

Wow ordered last Sunday and already playing today in the Netherlands! super fast delivery by DHL

And out of the box it already sounds better than my Wavelenght Wavelink USB/SPDIF converter.

Waiting for a modded Singxer SU-1 and will have a shootout between the two once settled.

I power the Ultradigital with a LPS-1 at the moment and this sounds pretty good already. Barrows told me the LPS-1 might not be the best partner for the Ultradigital

Any recommendations regarding power supply to the Ultradigital?

Thanks in advance 

Pink Faun Streamer —>  Pink Faun DAC --> Ayre AX5 --> Paradigm S8 

Powering mine with the LPS-1.2 was certainly a step up from the LPS-1.

Looking forward to seeing your comparison to the Singxer!

Bob

Mac Mini M1 12 volt dc > Roon > HQ Player to DSD 256 > Fibre to EtherRegen w/LPS1.2 and BG7TBL OCXO > Sonore microRendu v1.3 > IsoRegen > Denafrips Iris > i2s  > Denafrips Pontus II > Schiit Freya+ w/ Linlai E-6SN7's >  Nord One Up NCore 500 monoblocks REV D w/SI990Enh op amps > Martin Logan Impression 11A w/ dual Rythmik E15HP2 subs. Supra Cat8, JPS Labs Superconductor+ cables

5 hours ago, rah50 said:

Powering mine with the LPS-1.2 was certainly a step up from the LPS-1.

Looking forward to seeing your comparison to the Singxer!

Hi,

Thanks for your comments!

What did you use before you had the LPS-1.2 and the ultraDigital?

Cheers,

12 hours ago, m3lraaHnevetS said:

but seriously, the switching of the capacitors and the high frequency processor do not have a bad influence on the performance?  

Nope.  Not in the least.  And the once every 4-10 seconds alternating between the 70 Farad banks is 100% glitch-free and transparent.  I defy anyone to see the alternating on a scope.

Of course the other benefits— leakage--loop blocking, ultra-low noise, and ultra-low output impedance are some of what make the UltraCap LPS-1.2 the ideal mate to fine components such as the Sonore ultraDigital and ultraRendu.  And it doesn’t hurt that their aluminum cases match exactly. 9_9

10 hours ago, Superdad said:

Nope.  Not in the least.  And the once every 4-10 seconds alternating between the 70 Farad banks is 100% glitch-free and transparent.  I defy anyone to see the alternating on a scope.

Of course the other benefits— leakage--loop blocking, ultra-low noise, and ultra-low output impedance are some of what make the UltraCap LPS-1.2 the ideal mate to fine components such as the Sonore ultraDigital and ultraRendu.  And it doesn’t hurt that their aluminum cases match exactly. 9_9

Hi Alex thanks for your reply. I have a lot of respect for both you and Barrows so sometimes it it's difficult for me to weigh points of view. (mainly because I do not understand too much of it myself ?) Guess I will get the new Sbooster and/or a Pink Faun custom PS on the Ultradigital to hear and feel for myself before I make a final decision. 

On 11/24/2017 at 4:23 AM, vortecjr said:

The Singxer F-1 is 100% USB bus powered. The Singxer SU-1 is USB bus powered on the XMOS side (dirty side) and linear powered on the digital output side (clean side). The ultraDigital is a condensed version of the Singxer SU-1 main board with some minor tweaks. In this case the USB bus powers the XMOS side (dirty side) and external power is used for the digital output side (clean side).

Hi,

after thoroughly reading through the thread, - I haven't seen any posts comparing the F-1 to the ultra-digital. Has anyone ever owned, or listened to both, - (especially with the ultraRendu or mRendu)?

I am talking specifically about the F-1 and NOT the SU-1, - which is a very different device and has a very different sonic character: at least IME.

Thanks,

Cheers,

16 hours ago, Albrecht said:

Hi,

after thoroughly reading through the thread, - I haven't seen any posts comparing the F-1 to the ultra-digital. Has anyone ever owned, or listened to both, - (especially with the ultraRendu or mRendu)?

I am talking specifically about the F-1 and NOT the SU-1, - which is a very different device and has a very different sonic character: at least IME.

Thanks,

Cheers,

Just remember the F-1 is 100% bus powered while on the ultraDigtial only the dirty side is bus powered. On the ultraDigtial the clean side is powered from the external connector.  

On 8/1/2018 at 7:06 PM, R1200CL said:

I have that comparison ongoing. It will take some time before I can post my findings. 

Well I received the Singxer today and first impression is that the Ultradigital is much better, just like your initial impression if I remember correctly...?

What kept you from drawing a final conclusion until today? does the Singxer get so much better over time that it can compete with the Ultradigital?

Hard to believe on first encounter...

On 8/4/2018 at 12:02 AM, m3lraaHnevetS said:

What kept you from drawing a final conclusion until today?

My friend had borrowed the SU-1 and the UltraDigital. 

Is yours a midified one? And are you using LPS-1.2 ? And the USPCB?

ah, that does explain.

The Singxer is modded by Magnahifi. on the Ultradigital I use the LPS-1. cables are the best stuff from Pink Faun for USB and I2S.

As said; the Ultradigital sounds much better to me until now. I will give them both some more time before I make a final call, but at this stage my money is on the UD.