IGNORED

The Paul Hynes SR7

24 minutes ago, beautiful music said:

So why do you think @paulhynes has this option in his PSU despite his goal is to supply the best PSU to his consumers?

A Teflon circuit board reduces dielectric absorption in the regulator circuitry and the Vishay Z Foil ultra precision bulk foil resistors reduce resistor noise and thermal drift to very low levels. 

Who has real life expertise, Paul Hynes or marce?

2 hours ago, auricgoldfinger said:

What brand of audiophile power supplies has @marce designed?  Has anyone ever listened to one?  Are any published reviews available?  I would love to read them.

@marce @mansr Why are you guys even on this thread?  You don't own an SR7 and have no plans to buy one.  You also have nothing of value to add to the discussion.

How many people have designed and consulted on all aspects of PCB’s for 35 years and are IPC CID+ qualified?

You don't listen to power supplies you listen to speakers...

3 hours ago, auricgoldfinger said:

A Teflon circuit board reduces dielectric absorption in the regulator circuitry and the Vishay Z Foil ultra precision bulk foil resistors reduce resistor noise and thermal drift to very low levels. 

Who has real life expertise, Paul Hynes or marce?

No argument over the resistors, where I have been for the last 5 weeks doing boards etc. they have the same issues with resistor drift etc. only on 35KV supplies for electron microscopes, but as I have said I would love to see some information on dielectric absorption on a PCB and its effect (if any) 50/60Hz PCB's. There's nothing wrong with using any dialectric you want, but you have to weigh up the costs against the benefits.

OK but I've never known PH to offer things that just increase the price without making a significant difference.  

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

2 hours ago, marce said:

No argument over the resistors, where I have been for the last 5 weeks doing boards etc. they have the same issues with resistor drift etc. only on 35KV supplies for electron microscopes, but as I have said I would love to see some information on dielectric absorption on a PCB and its effect (if any) 50/60Hz PCB's. There's nothing wrong with using any dialectric you want, but you have to weigh up the costs against the benefits.

some are listening to dialectic

others use dielectric

2 hours ago, lmitche said:

This statement reveals a surprising lack of experience with digital audio.

I am heading home looking forward to hearing a new power supply in my system. Should I expect it will sound the same as the old one?

This is starting to remind me of the "all pizza tastes the same" absurd argument.

Uptone JS-2?

Let us know if the schotkey diodes, r-core transformer, and traditional regulation outdoes the Sigma 11!!! I say this as I am mid-build into a sigma 11.

1 hour ago, taipan254 said:

Uptone JS-2?

Let us know if the schotkey diodes, r-core transformer, and traditional regulation outdoes the Sigma 11!!! I say this as I am mid-build into a sigma 11.

I have 8 to 10, I've lost count, AMB and

Chinese Sigma 11s here. There is no way a Sigma 11 is going to sound better than a choke filtered lps like the JS-2, ever.

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio

I value @marce 's opinion.  It's especially relevant to the SR7 since Paul will be selling a "Teflon circuit board to reduce dielectric absorption in the regulator circuitry and Vishay Z Foil ultra precision bulk foil resistors which reduce resistor noise and thermal drift to very low levels."

I think this begs the question of why @paulhynes would begin selling a board intended to reduce dielectric absorption and why they are even made in the first place if marce is correct.

And for the record I am open to and look for people's experience as guidance.  I also value science and engineering, perhaps even more so when it's applicable.  I am in the camp that believes strongly that our music is influenced by power supplies.  Knowing marce's work on EMI/RF and how that impacts sound I'm wondering if he meant something different.

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody here that know the size of the chassi for the SR7MR4 PSU cant find it anymore?

Main system
TAD D1000mk2, TAD M2500mk2, TAD CE-1, Ansuz Mainz 8 C2, Ansuz Darkz D-TC, 
Qobuz Studio -> Roon ROCK on NUC -> Uptone etherREGEN -> dCS Network Bridge -> AES/EBU -> DAC
HD Plex 200W PSU (4 rail for ISP fiber, router, etherREGEN and NUC)

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree
  • 2 weeks later...