IGNORED

A Second Quick MicroRendu Question

What software available for use on an iPad can act as an interface for a MicroRendu? I know that the Linn Kazoo works (which isn't a favorite of mine) and Roon is available,  costly, and unable to run on any tablet, that I know of.  It would seem that there must be others by now that an iPad can be used with. Thanks for any help with this.

JC

Lumin provide an app as well ... used in much the same way as Kazoo.

Main System: NAS or QOBUZ > BlueSound Node 2i > Schiit Gungnir MultiBit > PYST XLR > Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Gilmore Lite MK2

Office System: iMac > Audirvana > Schiit EITR + Audiophonics LPS25 > Metrum FLINT NOS DAC (DAC TWO chips) > Schiit Magni 3+ > Aeon Flow Open

Loudspeaker System: NAIM Muso Gen 2

IPeng costs about $9 and is great value and is my favorite controller vs Lumin, etc. Works and looks great, esp on the 12.9” iPad. 

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

22 hours ago, TubeLover said:

What software available for use on an iPad can act as an interface for a MicroRendu? I know that the Linn Kazoo works (which isn't a favorite of mine) and Roon is available,  costly, and unable to run on any tablet, that I know of.  It would seem that there must be others by now that an iPad can be used with. Thanks for any help with this.

JC

Roon app can run as a controller on an iPad or Android tablet. Works great. You need another Roon installation running on a server that the controller app “controls”.

In this it is no different from lots of other software. Installation on server/library PC, app on tablet as user interface. Just like iPeng and LMS, or MPD/DLNA programs.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

10 minutes ago, firedog said:

Roon app can run as a controller on an iPad or Android tablet. Works great. You need another Roon installation running on a server that the controller app “controls”.

In this it is no different from lots of other software. Installation on server/library PC, app on tablet as user interface. Just like iPeng and LMS, or MPD/DLNA programs.

Thanks, w as not aware that any element of Roon could be run on a tablet. So iPeng also requires a server install, unlike Lumin or Kazoo? Can that installation be on an existing NAS?

JC

It could be on a NAS ... or, you could use Logitech Media Server, which can be installed and run on the microRendu itself. Then iPeng will find that instance of the server on the network. IME that works well, altho' I have moved away from that setup now.

Main System: NAS or QOBUZ > BlueSound Node 2i > Schiit Gungnir MultiBit > PYST XLR > Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Gilmore Lite MK2

Office System: iMac > Audirvana > Schiit EITR + Audiophonics LPS25 > Metrum FLINT NOS DAC (DAC TWO chips) > Schiit Magni 3+ > Aeon Flow Open

Loudspeaker System: NAIM Muso Gen 2

17 hours ago, TubeLover said:

Thanks, w as not aware that any element of Roon could be run on a tablet. So iPeng also requires a server install, unlike Lumin or Kazoo? Can that installation be on an existing NAS?

JC

Unless you have your music library literally sitting in the memory of your tablet,  all of these tablet apps just work as controllers. Your music library is sitting somewhere else. In all these cases you need some kind of server/playback software on the server/NAS/PC of the library for you to have playback. Possibly you are unaware that there is an install of such software on your server/NAS (maybe it is pre-installed), but it is there. 

Yes, LMS software can be installed on a NAS. Depends on the configuration of the NAS. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)