IGNORED

Allo DigiOne - Play Back Problems

**Do NOT move this thread to the Allo Club**

Morning Guys.

Pre-configured SD Card with Diet Pi arrived this morning - connected everything up and Roon can see the DigiOne (Roon sees two devices - bcm2835 ALSA & bcm2835 ALSA IEC958/HDMI - tried both and neither work) but it isn't outputting any audio regardless of which SPDIF/BNC connection I use.

Tried logging into the Allo GUI (via IP address visible in router connected devices) but it's asking for an e-mail address and password that I don't know? Any ideas?

TIA.
7 minutes ago, George Hincapie said:

...... Destroys the TOTL Auralic Aries with LPSU.

If it does THAT then it's worthy of a closer look !!

Main System: NAS or QOBUZ > BlueSound Node 2i > Schiit Gungnir MultiBit > PYST XLR > Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Gilmore Lite MK2

Office System: iMac > Audirvana > Schiit EITR + Audiophonics LPS25 > Metrum FLINT NOS DAC (DAC TWO chips) > Schiit Magni 3+ > Aeon Flow Open

Loudspeaker System: NAIM Muso Gen 2

John, would you mind giving a summary of your chain that you used for this test ?

Main System: NAS or QOBUZ > BlueSound Node 2i > Schiit Gungnir MultiBit > PYST XLR > Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Gilmore Lite MK2

Office System: iMac > Audirvana > Schiit EITR + Audiophonics LPS25 > Metrum FLINT NOS DAC (DAC TWO chips) > Schiit Magni 3+ > Aeon Flow Open

Sure:

VortexBox Prestige MX Server with Paul Baldwin 19V LPSU > Supra Cat8 1M cable > Allo DigiOne with Mamboberry LPSU > NVA The Interconnect Statement Digital 1M cable > Metrum Acoustics Musette DAC > NVA The Interconnect Statement 1M cables > NVA A80 Mono Amps > NVA The Speaker Cable Statement 2M cables > NVA Cube 2 Speakers on Custom Design SQ404 stands

Thanks John !

1 minute ago, p-cubed said:

I'm having a problem getting Roon to recognize two Allo Dietpi Digione installations

at the same time. I have two such devices. Roon will play through either, as long as the

other is powered down.

Thanks for any help!

I am hugely out of my depth here, but I think you may need to create separate zones for each DigiOne, then you can configure Roon to output to both at the same time. Apologies in advance if that is complete tosh.

Thanks for the suggestion. I should clarify a bit: My Roon server recognizes

each of my two DigiOne Dietpi devices, but only one at a time. If either device is

on the network, Roon sees it and plays music through it. But if both are on the

network at the same time, Roon sees at most one device. Never both. I've tried

"add network device" and this only offers HQPlayer as an option. "Scan for devices"

doesn't detect the  other device.

It seems like the devices are too similar in Roon's view to properly assign both?

Previously I had one of the devices configured on Moode as a squeezebox, and

Roon could register with it and my other device configured as DigiOne Dietpi. I

could go back to that, but I'd rather have both devices configured with DigiOne Dietpi.

Any other thoughts?

2 minutes ago, p-cubed said:

Each Pi has it's own individual static IP, but Roon still does not see

both of them if they are both powered up at the same time. Strange.

Have posted on Roon forums, awaiting response there.

Thanks!

Why are they using static IPs? Make them have dynamic IPs from the router and see if that helps?