IGNORED

Quick MicroRendu Question

A friend of mine recently purchased a used MicroRendu and LPS-1 power supply package, at my recommendation. He called me earlier asking if I knew how to turn the MicroRendu off when he is done using it. He says there is no switch to do so, and since it does heat up, obviously, turning it off after a listening session is important.

JC

I leave my LPS-1/mR on 24/7. I get the impression that many (most ?) do the same. Then it gives the best performance right away. With the LPS-1 my unit doesn't get 'hot' ... warm yes ... and it's low power.

Main System: NAS or QOBUZ > BlueSound Node 2i > Schiit Gungnir MultiBit > PYST XLR > Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Gilmore Lite MK2

Office System: iMac > Audirvana > Schiit EITR + Audiophonics LPS25 > Metrum FLINT NOS DAC (DAC TWO chips) > Schiit Magni 3+ > Aeon Flow Open

Loudspeaker System: NAIM Muso Gen 2

@TubeLover The 'clean' way to turn it off, if needed, is via the GUI > System > Power Down

This stops the s/w running and turns the device off ... takes a few seconds.

Main System: NAS or QOBUZ > BlueSound Node 2i > Schiit Gungnir MultiBit > PYST XLR > Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Gilmore Lite MK2

Office System: iMac > Audirvana > Schiit EITR + Audiophonics LPS25 > Metrum FLINT NOS DAC (DAC TWO chips) > Schiit Magni 3+ > Aeon Flow Open

I've not tried it on an iPad ... but since the microRendu GUI is browser based, I don't see why that shouldn't work

11 hours ago, Summit said:

If mR gets very hot then no music is even playing something is almost certainly wrong. Better to cure the problem than the symptom, I believe.  

With the LPS-1 set at 7v both the LPS-1 & mR in my setup gets slightly warm but nowhere near hot ... whether playing music or not. If his units are 'HOT' it is conceivably possible there might be something wrong with one or both of the units ... beyond my competence to diagnose further.

I have the microRendu, together with the LPS-1. The LPS-1 gets its power from a HDPlex 100w. The HDPlex has an on/off switch. I am using this switch to turn the devices (microRendu, LPS-1) on or off.

I am doing this for two reasons: save some energy and protect the LPS-1 (I don't think you would increase the life span of the LPS-1, if it's on all the time).