IGNORED

Direct Ethernet NAS > Streamer

I'm sure there was a thread about connecting a NAS directly to a Streamer using ethernet without going via a switch but I can seem to find it.  Anyone recall the thread?

What I was looking to try was to connect one of the spare ethernet ports on my QNAP directly to my AudioAlchemy streamer therefore cutting out the switch. The QNAP is running as a Roon Server.

[br]QNAP+ -> Allo DigiOne Signature -> RequisiteAudio D3rs ->  McIntosh C52 -> McIntosh MC-275 MK VI -> Harbeth 30.1's via Roon

22 hours ago, dmormerod said:

I'm sure there was a thread about connecting a NAS directly to a Streamer using ethernet without going via a switch but I can seem to find it.  Anyone recall the thread?

What I was looking to try was to connect one of the spare ethernet ports on my QNAP directly to my AudioAlchemy streamer therefore cutting out the switch. The QNAP is running as a Roon Server.

Only one of the most popular threads in these forums, though small wonder you couldn't recall it given its title and it being in the Music Servers section! Reason enough to take with a pinch of salt, perhaps?

A novel way to massively improve the SQ of computer audio streaming

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

• 4 years later...