IGNORED

SONORE microRendu - set up problems

I have bought a Sonore microRendu but am unable to set it up on either my desk top or tablet, although I have followed the instructions to the letter.  I have noticed an inconsistency between the online instruction manual and the brief instructions which came with the streamer.  The later instructis the user to go to the Software Manager, the former does not.

To say I have got nowhere is not strictly true because yesterday I managed to connect the microRendu to my tablet and the sound was very good.  I have not been able to establish the connection today after unsuccessfully trying to connect the device to my desk top. 

My DAC is the Chord Mojo.  Even when the red light has come on and most of the time it does not, I do not get sound.

As background my desk top is ASUS Windows 8.1 and the Tablet is an Amazon Fire, running BubbleUp.  I stream from Tidal and a NAS. 

I would be grateful for advice, especially from anyone who has connected thea microRendu to a Chord DAC, bearing in mind I am a computer novice.        

the microrendu is a renderer -- do you have server software running on the win8 computer or the nas?  i would recommend minimserver for that task.

the most simple and effective way to do this (imo, ymmv, etc.) is to install minimserver and bubbleupnp server on your nas.  then use bubbleupnp app on the fire as the control point.

finally, set the microrendu in dlna mode.  you should be good to go.

note:  you can install bubbleupnp server on the microrendu, but i think its better to put on nas.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100

Hi 2112, I'm streaming with microrendu/LPS-1 & Chord Hugo. Microrendu in queezelite mode. Whenever power has goes down it is necessary in my system to open the browser of the rendu and click on the squeezelite app again. Though the screen info gives "squeezelite active", clicking on the squeezelite mode again returns with "squeezelite starting" and voilà, music is streaming. Hope this helps........ Peter

No !!?????

Main System: NAS or QOBUZ > BlueSound Node 2i > Schiit Gungnir MultiBit > PYST XLR > Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Gilmore Lite MK2

Office System: iMac > Audirvana > Schiit EITR + Audiophonics LPS25 > Metrum FLINT NOS DAC (DAC TWO chips) > Schiit Magni 3+ > Aeon Flow Open

Loudspeaker System: NAIM Muso Gen 2

• 11 months later...

Hi el_cato,

Any chance you could create your own thread next time, or at least carefully read the posts of an old one you are intending to resurrect by adding your own post?

Despite its title, this thread was actually about trying to get the microRendu controllable from a Windows PC and an Android tablet via UPnP/DLNA!

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

On 10/20/2017 at 10:40 PM, 2112 said:

I have sussed now to connect the device to my tablet through BubleUp. I have not been able to connect it to the PC and suspect it is blocked by Firewall. 

Hi 2112,

Seeing as @el_cato has revived your old thread, I'm curious - did you eventually sort out your original problem of trying to get the microRendu controlled by your ASUS Windows 8.1 desktop PC?

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

@Cebolla, thanks for pointing this out, I read the first post quickly and saw it mentioned a Chord Mojo, which is one of the DACs I had issues connecting to initially, but didn't read the rest carefully. I will repost in a separate thread since Sonore removed a post of mine in their sponsored forum (about the possibility of backing up the original SD card on a disk image so as to be able to revert to an original image should anything go wrong with the Linux partitions on the card (which happens, and has happened to me and others), rather than have to pay US $20 plus the wait time for a new card.

I'll create a new thread, cheers.