IGNORED

Next upgrade...Eames style lounge chair?

Omg, I tried a massage chair one time, it would actually grip your shoulders and feet and apply traction. Massaged the arms too. Very relaxing, very big, but the included sound system was sub par by audiophile standards.

[Home Digital] MSB Premier DAC > Modright LS300 > Atma-Sphere "Class D" Monoblocks > Daedalus Audio Muse Studio Speakers

[Home Analog] Technics SL-1200G > Boulder 508 (Benz Glider SL)

[Office] Laptop > Kitsune R2R lvl3 > Violectric V281 > Meze Liric / Meze Elite

[Travel] Laptop/iPad -> Focal Bathys

4 hours ago, Bones13 said:

Omg, I tried a massage chair one time, it would actually grip your shoulders and feet and apply traction. Massaged the arms too. Very relaxing, very big, but the included sound system was sub par by audiophile standards.

Seems you only missed the happy ending ?

?

[Home Digital] MSB Premier DAC > Modright LS300 > Atma-Sphere "Class D" Monoblocks > Daedalus Audio Muse Studio Speakers

[Home Analog] Technics SL-1200G > Boulder 508 (Benz Glider SL)

[Office] Laptop > Kitsune R2R lvl3 > Violectric V281 > Meze Liric / Meze Elite

[Travel] Laptop/iPad -> Focal Bathys

I had an unexpected exposure to one of the chairs a number of you have recommended earlier today, the Ekornes Stressless chair. I was with a friend helping him to choose new speakers, and one the way home,w e stopped at the house of a friend of his that we were passing by. Turned out he had one of those very chairs in his listening room and I tried it out. Okay, I'm absolutely sold on the comfort these provide, as well as the sheer quality of the chair's manufacture and design.

When I looked into them earlier after the recommendations, they were all in the $2,500.00-2750.00 range, which is way above my budget. His friend only paid $1,100.00 last year for the chair (his is a large size), obviously heavily discounted, but he can't remember where he got it from. He then called his sister, who loved his so much she also purchased one, and she only paid $1000.00 for hers, but again, doesn't recall where she found it online other than someone recommended the store  to her. 

These chairs are clearly possible to find discounted to the $1,000.00 range. My early searches haven't yielded any results like that. Has anyone seen them at the kind of prices I've mentioned from any reputable dealer? Thanks for any help. I would REALLY like to own one.

JC

I bought one of these at a local dealer and one online a few years ago.

Both were around 2500.  The one I bought online was the nicer more expensive one.  It was discounted a few hundred, but was nowhere near half or less of list.  I bought the other from the dealer because I didn’t want to exploit his showroom entirely,

i can’t recall the online dealer, but I scoured the possibilities and picked the most reputable place with the best price.  I’d be surprised if you could find the real thing for less than 2k, at a place that takes returns, stands behind its products, etc.

These are high quality chairs with hq leather and very good ergonomics.  A chair for life, so you might wish to sit in one before you buy.  

Dragged a lumbering 4' wide armless leather chair into position last night.  Following much measuring and testing of speaker and head placement.  Time will tell, it is fairly comfortable and utterly ridiculous looking.  I foresee a lot of listening in the dark.  x-D

Spent a considerable amount of time trying to love a Stressless a few years back.  There have a few other good suggestions in this thread I wouldn't mind checking out.  More fashionable ones than you are likely to find in the Midwest.  Chairs built around the trim European physique which I more closely resemble.

13 minutes ago, rando said:

Dragged a lumbering 4' wide armless leather chair into position last night.  Following much measuring and testing of speaker and head placement.  Time will tell, it is fairly comfortable and utterly ridiculous looking.  I foresee a lot of listening in the dark.  x-D

Spent a considerable amount of time trying to love a Stressless a few years back.  There have a few other good suggestions in this thread I wouldn't mind checking out.  More fashionable ones than you are likely to find in the Midwest.  Chairs built around the trim European physique which I more closely resemble.

Let's see a photo!

Long story short, repaid a favor by helping an empty nester move the "Kid's furniture" from their basement to the garage.  Where a tape measure was found and smaller favor restored to my side by removing the chair and ottoman completely.  Effectively a physiological abstraction dealing with femur to tibia ratio usually relegates me to looking like Goldilocks in the baby bear chair.  The effect is greatly lessened in this one.

I did a web search and found what looks like the couch.  Which this chair is roughly one half of including both sewn on pillows.  Picture was so horribly white balanced I did a quick B&W conversion.  My intial reaction to the chair, which looks considerably worse, was to ask how they stole it away from the place of honor in the lobby of a local buffet.  The height it puts my ears at and long term sitting comfort made for a welcome improvement.

rHRMSiN.jpg

11 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

it looks cushy - how do you like it?

and what leather resto stuff will you use on it?

It is cushy, and well made, thanks. I plan to use a highly recommended locally made cleaner and restorer to optimize the leather conditioning. 

JC

• 1 month later...

What do you guys think of this chair?  Looks comfy and I like how sleek it looks.  Its comes in all sorts of colors including leather options.  Ottoman also available.

Image result for joybird soto

https://joybird.com/chairs/soto-leather-chair/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=cpc&utm_content=soto-leather-chair&utm_campaign=facebook_product_ads

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments