IGNORED

Next upgrade...Eames style lounge chair?

Beautiful piece of furniture but my back hurts just looking at it. Not even zero lumbar support, it has negative lumbar support. Like a Southwest Airlines seat. I don't think humans were meant to sit inside of a large ball. 

Synology DS1515+ >  PS Audio P10 > Innuos Zenith Mk II running Roon Core > IsoRegen/LPS-1 > Lyngdorf TDAI 2170 > Tekton Double Impact Speakers

4 hours ago, AnotherSpin said:

For many years used a beautifully looking and extremely comfortable (despite its plain geometric shapes) set from Germany's COR. It was great for listening music alone or with one-two other people together, or just sitting, reading, even napping. Picture from online - do not have it anymore.

arthe.jpg

Similar designs can be very comfortable or not.  The difference is usually how the cushions are made inside.  The outer geometric shape may or may not be a guide.  

Good thread, some examples I hadn't considered.  I would like a better listening chair or couch myself.  

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

tboooe,

I am partial to what are generically called "dutch armchairs" 

For a listening room I would also use something in wood and fabric.

8728373_master.jpg?width=240

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS8lgPqRzHm09Y0JmX4VMi

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQnecE0i-nC_GJpnfJs341

My 0.02

Regards,

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

Good to see someone had a chance to size it up in person.  To my eye it resembles jewelry which is perhaps removed from the function of being a good chair.  Women devote entire rooms to lifestyle decoration that shall never be sat in or used so it may not be a consideration for everyone.  

Some of the best live music is served up to those who can handle a few hours on a bare wooden seat or stretched out on hard soil.  Without a few hours serious listening ensconced in it the true nature is hard to distill.  Maybe a dog sitting at ones feet and a few hundred pages of reading as well before signing off on it.  

i actually find my original eames chair quite comfortable -- especially using the ottoman.  i do agree that it is quite low to the ground, so may not be the best for taller/longer legged folks.

the headrest really isn't a headrest -- the back is just a two piece design.  i don't find that it pushes shoulders into any unnatural position.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100

Any listening chair that blocks the back of your head is a huge downgrade. Reflections from the headrest area destroys soundstage and muddies the sound. That's even with a thick padded recliner with fabric (not leather). This phenomena occurs regardless of room arrangement, treatment and listening position.

• 3 months later...