IGNORED

Best Qobuz network streamer

I've been a Qobuz subscriber for a few years, and generally prefer it to Tidal on both selection and SQ grounds.  I've been listening to it via LMS, but have recently moved to Roon.  I still use my transporter as a roon end point, but would like to move to another solution that would allow me to switch to qobuz when necessary.  Bluesound devices will allow this, but i want higher SQ than provided by the Node on its own.  i could add a dac, but i'd prefer a single box solution.

i could also keep the transporter as is, and just use the Node for Qobuz, but that feels less elegant.  is there another option?

Is there anything suggested on the QOBUZ site ? They usually have recommendations or equipment tests.

Main System: NAS or QOBUZ > BlueSound Node 2i > Schiit Gungnir MultiBit > PYST XLR > Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Gilmore Lite MK2

Office System: iMac > Audirvana > Schiit EITR + Audiophonics LPS25 > Metrum FLINT NOS DAC (DAC TWO chips) > Schiit Magni 3+ > Aeon Flow Open

Loudspeaker System: NAIM Muso Gen 2

That's quite a list ! 

For my money, and if one has a Mac or MacMini, Audirvana is hard to beat for QOBUZ. Simple GUI and excellent sound. It comes with a remote for IOS/Android as well.

Main System: NAS or QOBUZ > BlueSound Node 2i > Schiit Gungnir MultiBit > PYST XLR > Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Gilmore Lite MK2

Office System: iMac > Audirvana > Schiit EITR + Audiophonics LPS25 > Metrum FLINT NOS DAC (DAC TWO chips) > Schiit Magni 3+ > Aeon Flow Open

In what way are Bluesound streamers with built-in DAC the "best choice" for streaming from Qobuz compared to similar (ie, also with built-in DAC) on the list from the likes of Arcam, Auralic, Linn, Lumin, Teac, etc?

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

I wonder when the Bluesound DAC was last updated ? It's one reason why I prefer separates ... especially in view of how DAC technology is moving.

2 hours ago, Cebolla said:

In what way are Bluesound streamers with built-in DAC the "best choice" for streaming from Qobuz compared to similar (ie, also with built-in DAC) on the list from the likes of Arcam, Auralic, Linn, Lumin, Teac, etc?

in that they also support roon.

I spotted this Network Player with Qobuz & Roon support, on audiophonics.fr ...

https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/our-choice/nativ-vita-hifi-streamer-with-touchscreen-dsd256-32bit-384khz-maple-stand-p-12263.html

A neat looking unit IMO.

14 hours ago, woodford said:
On 10/19/2017 at 5:18 PM, jaaptina said:

I'm using microRendu and Bubbleupnp app with qobuz sublime. Works great! 

you need to run a UPnP server, correct?  trying to get away from two servers.

No, using the standard UPnP/DLNA supporting microRendu to stream from Qobuz with the BubbleUPnP Android controller app or the BubbleUPnP Server helper application  (it wasn't clear which - either or both could be used with the microRendu), does not require a UPnP/DLNA (media) server.

The BubbleUPnP Android controller app provides access to Qobuz (as well as some other online streaming music services) for standard UPnP/DLNA, OpenHome & Google Cast (eg Chromecast Audio) supporting streamers. It does not require the BubbleUPnP Server to provide this access.

The BubbleUPnP Server helper software (installable on Windows, Mac & Linux computers, as well as some NASs & interestingly can even be installed on the microRendu itself) provides access to Qobuz & TIDAL for standard UPnP/DLNA and Google Cast supporting streamers, using OpenHome Streaming Services via its Create an (emulated) OpenHome Renderer function. Requires you to also use an OpenHome controller with OpenHome Streaming Services support, eg, Linn Kazoo app, Lumin app, BubbleUPnP Android  app, Bubble DS Next app, etc.

Incidentally,  just in case you're wondering, the BubbleUPnP Server is not a UPnP/DLNA media server.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

Yes, @Cebolla makes a good point ... when I first got the microRendu, I used the 'on-board' BubbleUPnP Server with Linn Kazoo as the control point on IOS (and there is a desktop version if you need it) . I was using Tidal at the time and it worked very well ... and should work equally well with Qobuz in the way he suggests. It's a small, neat one-box solution.

I'm currently using a Logitech Transporter. It's time for something new. I've been anxiously awaiting the Electrocompaniet Rena S-1 to be reviewed. It looks very interesting and Electrocompaniet is a well respected producer.

https://shop.ecliving.eu/products/rena-sa-1-tekniske-spesifikasjoner-1

iMac - iTunes(AIFF) - Squeeze 7.9- QOBUZ flac streamer - Vodafone Revolution Router - Transporter - Pathos Classic One MkIII - JM/Focal Daline 3 - dhLabs & Xindak xlr cables - Mapleshade header and footers - AppleTV3