IGNORED

Audio Grade Router and Switches in RMAF with SOtM

4 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

a quick search didn't find many that are a lot cheaper than this one:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/100VA-Ultra-low-Noise-LPS-HI-END-R-core-Linear-power-supply-for-audio-DC5V-24V/1369197_32691902812.html

is $150 the ballpark?

also curious if you think the  Equi-tech is better than a Topaz?

I have that one (bought off eBay though for similar price) for powering my microVotrtexbox (12V 5A). You can get away with cheaper if you don’t need so many watts and amps, though may not be an R-Core. 

My sample of the above came smelling to high hell of rosin, but the smell burned off after a few days. Mine may have been just an anamoly. It works great though I have no idea how it actually affects sound quality of my server. 

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

I got off eBay: something like this: https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F253218770285

Equi-tech is balanced power, finished product, plug and play. Topaz can be wired balanced but you need to know what you are doing. There are finished versions with receptacles. I was able to get the Equi-tech for a great price on eBay and I am very happy with it.

Both are good, slightly different.

Custom room treatments for headphone users.

15 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

Thanks.  I may just get an Oppo player and use it as a DAC, CD, SACD, DVD and can opener...

gets rid of 2 boxes

or... a Yggy 

or.. an Exo

Oh, Thanks, i been doing that for a while now. but i still keep my 2 boxes just in case.

DigitalDac: Chord DAVE, Amp: MC275 Mono, Preamp: FirstSound, Source: Esoteric K01X, Cable: TaraLab GME interconnect,
CASSOtM Trifecta Mod 75ohm MCI, TheLinearSolution TCXO Router

Analog: SME 20/2, SME V, Skala, Esoteric C03 Phono

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/19/2017 at 5:48 PM, ismewor said:

btw, Got in touch with the company, they actually in USA. So it is a plus. The guy name Sam is the contact. 

www.thelinearsolution.com not much out there but they are building me a unit to try and with 30 days period. 

He suggested i try the TC clock version first. and see how it perform on my system. I will keep it posted.

How much are they? 

On 11/3/2017 at 1:46 AM, Al Jones said:

TLS pricing, according to mail received October 23. Introductory prices expected to run until year's end

TCXO Switch (Introduction $449, Normal $549)
TCXO Router (Introduction $779, Normal $899)
OCXO Router (Introduction $999, Normal $1199)
OCXO Switch (Introduction $649, Normal $799)

@agladstone I got it still within the intro rate period. Give Sam an email [email protected] see if they can still honor the intro rate.

@Ben2300 You are welcome. And I'm glad I was able to help. TLS products are really on a different level it surely breaks through the bottleneck of current computer streaming experience. As we speak I'm still testing on the LPS that Sam builds for my sms-200ultra. I hope I can write up something soon. This LPS is going to have the new standard of how LPS should sound like. :P Cheer 

DigitalDac: Chord DAVE, Amp: MC275 Mono, Preamp: FirstSound, Source: Esoteric K01X, Cable: TaraLab GME interconnect,

5 minutes ago, ismewor said:

@Ben2300 You are welcome. And I'm glad I was able to help. TLS products are really on a different level it surely breaks through the bottleneck of current computer streaming experience. As we speak I'm still testing on the LPS that Sam builds for my sms-200ultra. I hope I can write up something soon. This LPS is going to have the new standard of how LPS should sound like. :P Cheer 

They shouldn't sound like anything. . .

BPT 3.5 Ultra/Reference 3A Reflectors/MSB Technology S201 Amplifier/MSB Technology Analog DAC/MSB Technology Network Renderer/Audirvana +

8 minutes ago, catastrofe said:

They shouldn't sound like anything. . .

+1 Nothing should sound alike. :P

• 2 weeks later...

I'm wondering has anyone try the switch and router combo by TLS?

My audiophile itching bug is calling lol

• 1 month later...

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/30376-a-novel-way-to-massively-improve-the-sq-of-computer-audio-streaming/?page=289&tab=comments#comment-795861

On 3/16/2018 at 9:41 AM, MayfromSOtM said:

SOtM switch will have 8 LAN ports and 2 SFP ports, the sCLK-EX would be added as an option which means the master clock signal can be synced externally also.. ;)

Did that sound similar to a switch like this or what?

https://mikrotik.com/product/CRS210-8G-2SplusIN

https://www.mikrotik-store.eu/en/mikrotik-crs-210-8g-2splusin

v0ZyeN6.png

• 2 weeks later...