IGNORED

Audio Grade Router and Switches in RMAF with SOtM

4 minutes ago, plissken said:

Having 20Khz hearing isn't the same as knowing what to listen for. Why don't you show me all the hard data you have on 20 year old people not liking Benchmark vs something else. 

This data shows a 20 year old could poke the tweeters out in their speakers if they want to hear on par with a 60 year old. 

Very few 20 year olds are buying separates at all. This is all Benchmark makes. That’s a dying boomer era trend. 

1 hour ago, Special Snowflake said:

This data shows a 20 year old could poke the tweeters out in their speakers if they want to hear on par with a 60 year old. 

Very few 20 year olds are buying separates at all. This is all Benchmark makes. That’s a dying boomer era trend. 

Since a lot of speakers will hand over duties to the tweeter in the 2500-3500 Khz range and the bulk of content is typically under 12Khz....

1 hour ago, Special Snowflake said:

Very few 20 year old's purchase much high end of anything... Here's the thing: They don't stay broke and in their early 20's forever. ¬¬

On 28/10/2017 at 2:52 PM, ismewor said:

Just got my TCXO router from the linear solution tonight. Wow, I was surprise by the packaging and craftsmanship of this company. Been busy and I’ll try to compare with my current router with LPS along with SOtM Trifecta. Hopefully I can get some  critical listening done over the weekend. 

1B546D9E-2A66-4579-9B81-BF8F2183873A.jpeg

It seems that it's not cheap at all. Even it's a game changer, its p/p is the most important thing.

11 hours ago, welldone said:

It seems that it's not cheap at all. Even it's a game changer, its p/p is the most important thing.

They are really reasonable in pricing, i'm surprise for the quality they can charge higher, and they are at intro pricing now.

DigitalDac: Chord DAVE, Amp: MC275 Mono, Preamp: FirstSound, Source: Esoteric K01X, Cable: TaraLab GME interconnect,
CASSOtM Trifecta Mod 75ohm MCI, TheLinearSolution TCXO Router

Analog: SME 20/2, SME V, Skala, Esoteric C03 Phono

18 hours ago, plissken said:

Very few 20 year old's purchase much high end of anything...

They are the people who purchase DAP and headphone for sure. and there is a huge market and some price are higher than high-end.

DigitalDac: Chord DAVE, Amp: MC275 Mono, Preamp: FirstSound, Source: Esoteric K01X, Cable: TaraLab GME interconnect,

19 minutes ago, ismewor said:

They are the people who purchase DAP and headphone for sure. and they is a huge market and some price are higher than high-end.

Very few ≠ None at all

I had a high end setup when I was 17 comparatively speaking.  Agreed with you on the Headphone side of things. A lot of competition and great performing cans for not a lot of $$. 

15 minutes ago, welldone said:

Can you send me pm with the intro price of those?

+1

Ryzen 7 2700 PC Server, NUC7CJYH w. 4G Apacer RAM as Renderer/LPS 1.2 - IsoRegen/LPS-1/.2 - Singxer SU-1/LPS1.2 - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC - LTA MicroZOTL MZ2 - Modwright KWA 150 Signature Amp - Tidal Audio Piano's.  

On 28. oktober 2017 at 6:00 PM, Al Jones said:

TLS pricing, according to mail received October 23. Introductory prices expected to run until year's end

TCXO Switch (Introduction $449, Normal $549)
TCXO Router (Introduction $779, Normal $899)
OCXO Router (Introduction $999, Normal $1199)
OCXO Switch (Introduction $649, Normal $799)

Al J.

Modem/router + Keces DC-116 12V LPS - SGC Sonic Transporter + Sonore 12V LPS/Edwards Audio ISO-1 mains isolation transformer - Meicord Opal LAN cables - Aqvox Switch + Sbooster 9V LPS/Uptone LPS-1 - Etalon Isolator - Sonore Signature Rendu Special Edition + Mad Scientist Heretical USB data-only cable - Sonore Ultradigital + Uptone LPS-1 - PS Audio I2S-12 cable - HQ Player - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC -  iPeng on iPad 2 - MK Sound 300 monitors - Mad Audio Scientist Tungsten Carbide footers - Niels Larsen NLE speaker cables - Walker Audio Reference Plus HIGH Definition Links - 2 MK Sound MX350 subs - Shakti Stones - Herbie's Super Sonic Stabilizers - Herbie's Tenderfeet - Stillpoints ERS EMI/RFI sheets - Gutwire Ultimate Ground + Entreq Minimus + Silver Minimus grounding boxes - Symposium Rollerblocks - Symposium Ultra platform - Akiko Tuning Sticks

So they take a $40 switch or router and add lots of profit... with absolutely no data, data sheets anything, just a bit of blurb which makes less sense than most audiophile marketing copy.

This is what gets to me, show us some real data, wheres the EMC testing results showing the linear PSY makes a difference, wheres the signal integrity data for the clock... there is none I bet, its just another rip of product, that will only benefit a believer... In fact with the linear supply things might be worse noise wise.

For an extra $400-$900 above the basic router price I would want some cast iron confirmation that the devices is actually doing something... remember the data transmission is asynchronous and the data will be buffered... I know these are important in the real world of data transmission...

6 hours ago, marce said:

So they take a $40 switch or router and add lots of profit... with absolutely no data, data sheets anything, just a bit of blurb which makes less sense than most audiophile marketing copy.

This is what gets to me, show us some real data, wheres the EMC testing results showing the linear PSY makes a difference, wheres the signal integrity data for the clock... there is none I bet, its just another rip of product, that will only benefit a believer... In fact with the linear supply things might be worse noise wise.

For an extra $400-$900 above the basic router price I would want some cast iron confirmation that the devices is actually doing something... remember the data transmission is asynchronous and the data will be buffered... I know these are important in the real world of data transmission...

Try to see if the investment will work for your situation first. Everyone is different. You might want to just use a good LPS for your own $40 router and just see if that make a different. You also need a streamer for that as well. Which streamer you currently using? and what is your current streaming solution at the moment?

Stand alone PC with squeezebox, been there for a few years, no keyboard, mouse, just runs squeezebox and transmits digital data... and when my new house renovations are done, probably an oppo or similar everything coming off my NAS drive. Undecided on what way to go, but looking at comments and advice from several contributors on here (and not just the more objective, looking at all options from the extreme to the simple). Squeezebox  to headphones cos everything else is in storage, so it will do for now. The digital data gets to the squeezebox no problems, wireless so isolated.

When stuff is hardwired I use the same routers, with their own clock (best option as that is what the unit was designed with and its own PSU. The basic netgear router works perfectly as is so don't need to spend a few hundred dollars needlessly to improve it... And I'm not a fan of add-on clocks on wires, a clock needs to be on board, unless the equipment is designed for a distributed clock like some communication and pro-audio kit and there it is done for a reason. You can add the best clock you like on a length of wire, the signal integrity will be buggered unless the interface is carefully engineered, preferably simulated with a 3D field solver and measured... Just the smallest return path discontinuity is going to add more noise and jitter to the clock. Clocks are critical...

The manufacturers web site for these products has no tangible information though, just a few phrases to catch peoples attention such as:

Military Spec OCXO 4oz Copper PCB +/- 10ppb

4oz copper is overkill for a crystal board, more importantly is how many layers and the layout. And a Mil spec board... meaningless, is it a mil spec assembly as well as boards that is just as critical if not more so, and what is entailed in getting a mil spec board... and to what specification. 

PSU's, a well engineered/designed power delivery system is critical to any equipment's operation, SMPS's work just as well as linear and often better, plus the noise is way above the audible frequency range so can be filtered out easier...

3 minutes ago, marce said:

You can add the best clock you like on a length of wire, the signal integrity will be buggered unless the interface is carefully engineered

Yes, very true so it has to be shortest possible. if that has to be done. that is why i don't believe clock outside from the unit and tap wire back in to the other unit. 

8 minutes ago, marce said:

Stand alone PC with squeezebox, been there for a few years, no keyboard, mouse, just runs squeezebox and transmits digital data... and when my new house renovations are done, probably an oppo or similar everything coming off my NAS drive.

Yes, time to upgrade. I used the modded squeezebox and move up to transporter once 5 yrs ago. which is a great unit. I own a modded oppo 105 which is a great unit for streaming. 

May i ask how is your NAS setup? off the shelf or purpose build pc?

The NAS is an off the shelf Western digital 6Tb, its main role in life is to back up my photography, but then the kids discovered its benefits. My Squeezebox stuff, is years old, basic PC cost £250 when I bought it, low power, fan never comes on, just sits there , probably been going since 2011/2012 still on windows 7 I believe, had several squeezeboxes feeding a variety of rooms, with one main system. Sold and got rid of most of my kit since then. currently refurbishing a new house where for once I have my own room... where I go I don't quite know yet, but it will be kept simple, have some rather large OB's, so it will be nice to try them in open space (4m x 8m dining/living room, small by US standards but this is UK).