IGNORED

Audio Grade Router and Switches in RMAF with SOtM

Hi ismewor, thank you for visiting SOtM in Denver, my name is May and I'm working for SOtM as a marketing manager.

Actually the products are not made by us, but a friend of ours brought them to the show for some exposure, so that I don't have much information about the product. But SOtM offers the better switch modification with the sCLK-EX which brings the certain sonic improvement and many of audiophiles has been proved the fact.

If you consider buying some digital products, please consider how the circuit has been designed besides of the component itself, this is the most important part to decide the quality of sound in the digital audio system.  

Thank you.

Thank you May, Sotm has great products, i already got your SMS200ultra and Txusbultra and now waiting for your clock so it can all link together. 

All the best. 

DigitalDac: Chord DAVE, Amp: MC275 Mono, Preamp: FirstSound, Source: Esoteric K01X, Cable: TaraLab GME interconnect,
CASSOtM Trifecta Mod 75ohm MCI, TheLinearSolution TCXO Router

Analog: SME 20/2, SME V, Skala, Esoteric C03 Phono

Thank you ismewor :) we are planning to make our network switch for audio purpose in future too, so please keep an eye on it and if you have any concern or question, please feel free to pm or email me :)

Have a great day!

6 hours ago, ismewor said:

Thank you May, Sotm has great products, i already got your SMS200ultra and Txusbultra and now waiting for your clock so it can all link together. 

All the best. 

9 hours ago, MayfromSOtM said:

Oh, that sounds good, i will try to make the section on our website!

Thank you for the idea ~:)

Thanks May., Good to know.

DigitalDac: Chord DAVE, Amp: MC275 Mono, Preamp: FirstSound, Source: Esoteric K01X, Cable: TaraLab GME interconnect,

btw, Got in touch with the company, they actually in USA. So it is a plus. The guy name Sam is the contact. 

www.thelinearsolution.com not much out there but they are building me a unit to try and with 30 days period. 

He suggested i try the TC clock version first. and see how it perform on my system. I will keep it posted.

2 hours ago, ismewor said:

He suggested i try the TC clock version first. and see how it perform on my system.

What does TC mean?  Do you have any details about the switch?

There's nothing at that website except Contact Us.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

17 hours ago, rickca said:

What does TC mean?  Do you have any details about the switch?

There's nothing at that website except Contact Us.

@rickca TC mean the TCXO Clock that is build-in to the switch or router. And i believe that also make OC version at upgraded version.

Send a email to Sam from contact me. which i did that and he should be able to answer your questions more than i do.

Current wait time is 1 week. and i hope they can keep their word and not 8 months like my last experience for these so call custom build. you know what i mean.

Thelinearsolution.com has now been updated with detailed info on their switches and routers.

Al J.

Modem/router + Keces DC-116 12V LPS - SGC Sonic Transporter + Sonore 12V LPS/Edwards Audio ISO-1 mains isolation transformer - Meicord Opal LAN cables - Aqvox Switch + Sbooster 9V LPS/Uptone LPS-1 - Etalon Isolator - Sonore Signature Rendu Special Edition + Mad Scientist Heretical USB data-only cable - Sonore Ultradigital + Uptone LPS-1 - PS Audio I2S-12 cable - HQ Player - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC -  iPeng on iPad 2 - MK Sound 300 monitors - Mad Audio Scientist Tungsten Carbide footers - Niels Larsen NLE speaker cables - Walker Audio Reference Plus HIGH Definition Links - 2 MK Sound MX350 subs - Shakti Stones - Herbie's Super Sonic Stabilizers - Herbie's Tenderfeet - Stillpoints ERS EMI/RFI sheets - Gutwire Ultimate Ground + Entreq Minimus + Silver Minimus grounding boxes - Symposium Rollerblocks - Symposium Ultra platform - Akiko Tuning Sticks

24K gold circuit trace... gold is a worse conductor than copper so it will not improve the circuit operation anyway, and they are probably referring to the ENIG coating, which is just to protect the pads before reflow, cant understand why anyone would do this.

4oz copper for a TCXO board!!!!!

And finally as all the data is in packets and buffered at the other end what is a fancy clock going to do above the already adequate clock the Dlink routers have on board.

And so it starts...

Deal lord. 

Research clock domain boundaries. You could put a 25Mhz unobtainium clock on NIC or router and it's not going to make an audible difference. 

Is the clock on the PCIe bus made of unobtanium? How about the clock driving the FSB (Front Side Bus) that the CPU and RAM adhere to? Is that made with unobtanium.

This TCXO is 100% bullshit for networking components. 

How can it make a difference, the data will get through the switches and be buffered, the jitter in the switches is already at a level that lets data through... Jitter at the point of conversion is the only concern, for the rest of the Ethernet trail the clocks are perfectly adequate. Also adding a clock of board with a wire connection is not best practice for clocks. I don't know how much they are charging for modding a perfectly good switch, but its just jumping on the bandwagon to pump money out of people... Ypu would at least think they would have some data showing the improved eye pattern (seems to be the thing to show, LOL) at least.

If a data stream stays in the digital domain then clock jitter is handled by the circuit design.  It is when the data stream is processed by a DAC the upstream handling can become important for the generated analog signal.  In the thread I linked to many people describe their findings.  One finding is that good upstream clocks make a difference but only if not followed by a bad clock.

Could it be clock generated noise, which could be cumulative, is the issue along with electrical noise for a DAC ?

I am thinking of getting a downstream FMC moded for an external clock (and lower noise power) and wonder if the increased jitter from fibre will simply be taken care of by conversion to wire.  I would think fibre would drop any noise, including upstream clock noise, and I would just be left with the noise generated by the FMC.

6 hours ago, plissken said:

Is the clock on the PCIe bus made of unobtanium? How about the clock driving the FSB (Front Side Bus) that the CPU and RAM adhere to? Is that made with unobtanium.

Yes, it sure make a huge different if it done right, that is why we are now tracing to replace the clock on the mobo. 

I rather things over do than missing stuff. audio is so tedious and picky at lease i'm that kind of person.  

Just like 10 years go, most of the audio folks saying power cord won't make a different. And look at it now.

5 hours ago, d_elm said:

Read the first post and follow the links in the thread

An upgraded clock can make a difference if it is followed in the chain by good clocks.

And here is my response to the entire misunderstanding that is portrayed:

Q: What happens to the hyper accurate clock when I disconnected the cable and the music still played.