IGNORED

Question about power plan settings and AO

tboooe

I know that AO sets the power plan to High Performance.  What I want to do is enable Sleep or Hybernate in the High Performance Plan.  I only listen to my music a few hours a day but since my server pc is put away in a location that is not easily accessible its not convenient to turn it off and on daily.  So my question are:

Does AO change any of the power plan settings or does it just set the plan type?

I assume there is no detriment to sound quality by doing this?

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

• 6 months later...

Hi

It does many changes in the power settings, actually an important part of its optimization process. Using "High Performance" is just the base of it, but by fat not all it's doing. It does also many things you can't do at all in the GUI which are hidden by the OS under normal circuomstances. 

I highly recommend not to tinker around with all visible AND hidden power settings and just let AO do its job, this will lead to the best results.

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

19 hours ago, jaynyc said:

Related to @tboooe 's question, is it possible to run an AO system with Sleep or Hibernate after X hours?

Yes, but you have to manually configure it after you ran AO.

____________________________________________________________________________________

On 5/6/2018 at 3:09 PM, AudioPhil said:

Yes, but you have to manually configure it after you ran AO.

@AudioPhil could you share how to configure hibernate or sleep in ServerCore2016 when running AO?

I tried

%windir%\system32\control.exe /name Microsoft.PowerOptions

as well as Run command box from Task Manager

powercfg.cpl 

but neither work.

thanks

Hi

yes these two don‘t work in core. You need powercfg.exe to do it.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/design/device-experiences/powercfg-command-line-options

Best,

AudioPhil

3 hours ago, AudioPhil said:

Hi

yes these two don‘t work in core. You need powercfg.exe to do it.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/design/device-experiences/powercfg-command-line-options

Best,

AudioPhil

Hi Phil..thank you for this.  So if I enable hibernate, would it be detrimental at all to sound quality and AO optimization?

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

Hi tboooe

Hibernate would be let's say "tollerable", definitely the end of the world. All other options i'd rather let AO do and don't change it.