IGNORED

Earphones Stolen - What's My Next Pair?

Sorry for your loss! I am also interested in new IEMs. I am still using 12 year old Ultimate Ears that have seen hard use but still sound fine. I am surprised they have lasted this long and am looking to upgrade if the newest IEMs do improve on the sound of UE-10 Pros.

No love for Etymotic?

If I was in the market for new customs (I have a pair of JH's, too). I'd also put a little more emphasis on comfort. Even customs can get uncomfortable with a very long listening session. I'm thinking that's because the vast majority have such a hard shell. I don't remember brands, but there are a few that give you the option of having a softer shell, at least for the part that is in the ear. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

7 hours ago, firedog said:

No love for Etymotic?

If I was in the market for new customs (I have a pair of JH's, too). I'd also put a little more emphasis on comfort. Even customs can get uncomfortable with a very long listening session. I'm thinking that's because the vast majority have such a hard shell. I don't remember brands, but there are a few that give you the option of having a softer shell, at least for the part that is in the ear. 

I'm a big fan of etymotic. I've had two pairs over the years. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

• 3 weeks later...

64 make great CIEM's.  I have Noble Savant's, but they are lacking in any bass at all.  Very neutral though and not hot.  I will be getting reference Empire Ears as for the price, 64's cant' match them I don't think.  They are hundred's less if you look at the Zeus IV's which to me are their best sounding.  Great sub bass and tuneful bass that doesn't leak into the mids.  Spacious for sure and nice detail.  Highs have sparkle, but not hot which so many CIEM's have for my tastes.  They also come with great cables that are an upgrade of what most of the others comes with from what I've seen.

Jack Vang's Empire Ears company has as good customer service as any company I've ever dealt with.  They all have passion and care.  I've really been impressed as they also don't trash other's products which is cool.  They are constantly coming out with new units too and they listen to what their customers are asking for.  I just couldn't spend over 3k on a pair of CIEM's.  If that's all I could use (so many don't have the room for a 2 channel rig or even want headphones.  IEM's are just so small and easy.  I just got an awesome pair of ZMF Ori's and may end up selling them as I am loving the EE's and an't wait to get them.    

On 10/9/2017 at 6:15 AM, The Computer Audiophile said:

I listened to the Noble Katana today. Great sound. Not as good as the 64 Audio Tia Forté, but the price is nicer. 

I ordered and received a replacement cable from DHC. The silver Symbiote DHS cable is expensive (enough to buy a good pair of IEMs), but it lifted my pair of Noble Encores into the very different realm. By some reason Noble supplies its even most pricey items with a cable that has a very modest ability to compliment their fine IEMs. I am wondering which kind of cable 64 Audio Tia Forté goes with? The cable makes a very hearable difference.

Spin, honestly, that's one of the major problems I have with Noble. My Savant cable is cheaply made and broke right at the 2 pin connector.  I have hooked up a couple of other cables and it helped the sound, but still no true bass.  One of the things I like about the 64's and Empire Ears is that their cables sound better and are built to last.  Little things mean a lot to me when I pay this much for products.  I also find the EE's IEM's to have more body and even a bit more space in the soundstage.  http://www.empireears.com

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/7/2017 at 6:21 PM, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hi guys - My JH Audio in ear customs were stolen the other day. I'm looking for another pair of customs. 

Years ago the choice was between Ultimate Ears and JH Audio. Now, there are many more options. 

What do you guys recommend?

what did you end up getting? 

On 10/29/2017 at 8:09 AM, ctsooner said:

Spin, honestly, that's one of the major problems I have with Noble. My Savant cable is cheaply made and broke right at the 2 pin connector.  I have hooked up a couple of other cables and it helped the sound, but still no true bass.  One of the things I like about the 64's and Empire Ears is that their cables sound better and are built to last.  Little things mean a lot to me when I pay this much for products.  I also find the EE's IEM's to have more body and even a bit more space in the soundstage.  http://www.empireears.com

Have you listened to the Noble Sage? The company heard all the complaints about the Savant’s lack of bass, and fixed it.

Office: MacBook Pro - Audirvana Plus - Resonessence Concero - Cavailli Liquid Carbon - Sennheiser HD 800.

Travel/Portable: iPhone 7 or iPad Pro - AudioQuest Dragonfly Red - Audeze SINE or Noble Savant

• 2 weeks later...