IGNORED

Audirvana 3 Bug & Issue Reports

Nico

Mine are all smart playlist so whenever i put a new CD with good tags like i want to go in the good playlists automatically... so, saving them in case of Bugs is a good saving time :)

Snapz002.thumb.jpg.315bb6af4d318378aecb87b04bbc5418.jpg

Snapz001.thumb.jpg.a4def2ed12c516ed2c614902bdf67119.jpg

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

On 1/24/2018 at 2:09 PM, Anutin said:

I'm getting a problem with Izotope sample rate conversion after upgrade OSX High Sierra 10.13.3 around last week my A+ was 3.2.5. After playing my music with Izotope, the music is not start and show error "Stopping audio device". However, I can play my music with SoX resampling without any problem. 

My system is a Mac Mini i5 2014 and  a Schiit Modi Multibit DAC.

I've just updated my OSX in Mac mini again today. Izotope64 SRC is back to work again without any problem.

• 2 weeks later...

A+ 3.2.5: Smart playlists and search in legacy view filter do not work correctly with accents and diacritical marks.

Examples: Adios does not find Adiós, Adiós does not find Adios.

No problem for other libraries to handle diacritical signs (e. g. iTunes).

For me this is a important issue.

MacMini 2018 OS 10.14 | XLD | Yate | iTunes 10.7 | Audirvana 3.5.50 | RME ADI-2 DAC fs | Bryston BHA-1 | Hifiman Arya

When i click my playlist 'Rock' and put it in tracks view for it to play randomly,

whenever a .DSF track will start next after a change of sample rate, i have a SCREE sound before it began.

I have put be silent when switching sample rate in preferences, doesn't change, always happen.

It doesn't happen TIC or SCREE when playing the album one song after the other on the same CD,

seems like just when switching sample rate, to .DSF before starting.

The kinda sound that might harm your tweeter sounds like :( 

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

@damien78

I am recently getting a SystemOptimizer error from A+ 3.2.5 which arises whenever I first launch A+ .  The error appears thus:

303.thumb.jpg.5b8afff956e5c424b1bce0e7eeb250d8.jpg

This isn't a great problem if I'm sitting at my computer as I can just click "OK" & I'm good.  But using the Remote on my iPad, I sometimes run into the same issue which requires me to leave my listening position & go to the computer to OK the warning.  I don't know why this has just started happening.  It happens 100% of the time when I first launch A+ & try to play a song.  If A+ has been in use, I don't see this error.  Can you advise me, Damien?  Also, I don't know which of the optimizations are being prevented from running.

This is under El Capitan 10.11.6    Thanks.

45 minutes ago, Dandaman said:

@damien78

I am recently getting a SystemOptimizer error from A+ 3.2.5 which arises whenever I first launch A+ .  The error appears thus:

This isn't a great problem if I'm sitting at my computer as I can just click "OK" & I'm good.  But using the Remote on my iPad, I sometimes run into the same issue which requires me to leave my listening position & go to the computer to OK the warning.  I don't know why this has just started happening.  It happens 100% of the time when I first launch A+ & try to play a song.  If A+ has been in use, I don't see this error.  Can you advise me, Damien?  Also, I don't know which of the optimizations are being prevented from running.

You can try deleting or put away those files for you to keep

or put them back where they were for no change...

Maybe they were corrupted for whatever reason...

Stop A+

Try deleting SysOpt prefs files:

Go to the Main Library Folder... PrivilegedHelperTools folder...
Trash All the files in that folder from A+ (that folder install SysOptimizer)
Go to the Main Library Folder... LaunchDaemons Folder...
Trash All the files in that folder from A+ (SystemOptimizer and prefs files)

Restart Mac just to be sure,

Restart A+,

this will ask you to install SysOpt again at the first song you play... and see  :)

18 minutes ago, RunHomeSlow said:

You can try deleting or put away those files for you to keep

or put them back where they were for no change...

Maybe they were corrupted for whatever reason...

Stop A+

Try deleting SysOpt prefs files:

Go to the Main Library Folder... PrivilegedHelperTools folder...
Trash All the files in that folder from A+ (that folder install SysOptimizer)
Go to the Main Library Folder... LaunchDaemons Folder...
Trash All the files in that folder from A+ (SystemOptimizer and prefs files)

Restart Mac just to be sure,

Restart A+,

this will ask you to install SysOpt again at the first song you play... and see  :)

Thank you!  That seemed to clear up the issue.  I was leary of deleting the prefs file (wondering what I would lose) but I didn't seem to lose any settings when I did so.  :D

Cool :)

the good things about preferences, is that they can be deleted, you just have to set them like what you had before...

some like SysOpt are specific and don't change much when deleting them except what they are supposed to do.

like i said it up there the best way is to place them outside where they were on you computer or best .zip them on your desktop then trash the real ones still in there place. Restart is always good because the computer can always remember where they were even when closing the program.

If you are not happy with the result of trashing, just unzip the ones on your desktop you had before

and put them back where they were and restart, you'll be like before.

This is like with the A+ music Database... always copy that file anywhere when you make changes to it,

then when a bug occured, you put the backup where it was and restart A+ and all is good again :)

I posted that also before, but it is always good to remember it:
Everyday when i change something in my Albums Tags in A+ or in my Preferences of A+ (like Izotope settings),
i always backup those 2 prefrerences somewhere on my Mac, if something get corrupted or messed up
i put those 2 in their places after having closed A+ and i restart the Mac, and i'm back like before...

if you back up every week, you'll be a week late...

Go to User... Home Folder... Library... Applications Support... Audirvana Folder...
Backup that folder (that is your database of music).
Go to User... Home Folder... Library... Preferences...
Backup com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.plist in that folder (those are A+ software preferences).

And yes All my Smart Playlists are saved 'Exported' somewhere too in a folder.
Click a Playlist... go to File Menu... Export Playlist... yes one by one for now,

importing them back can be done all at the same time with the capital key selecting first and last,

or with cmd key for specifics ones :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/24/2018 at 9:54 PM, Dandaman said:

@damien78

This has been happening to me as well with A+ 3.2.6 and Sierra. It happens at first launch and if I switch between Tidal and my music library on my NAS. Like @Dandaman I use A+ Remote on my iPad and that means having to go to the computer to click on the OK.

I'll try deleting the SysOpt pref files like @RunHomeSlow advised.

@damien78 is this is a known bug?

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

I appear to have a bug with 3.2.6 and DSD256 playback. 

[This is posted on A+ forum too, but trying here in case someone has a view]

A+ 3.2.6, INT and SysOpt on
Mac OS X 10.13.3
MacBook 2017 16GB RAM 1.4GHz Core i7
Music Library on external 1TB SSD
Marantz SA-10 USB-B async input to DAC

Tracks in DSD256 (.dsf) play with clicks and dropouts - and I can hear the relays in my DAC clicking in and out at the same time. The DAC reports it's receiving DSD 11.2MHz, and A+ seems to mirror that.

DSD64 tracks appear to play correctly.

Any thoughts as to what is falling over here? I have tried adjusting A+ memory allocation, Native DSD Capability > DoP 1.0 and 1.1

If I play the DSD256 tracks on another Mac through a non-DSD capable MF V90-DA, A+ reports 24/88.2kHz and no dropouts, if this is of any relevance/help.

• 7 months later...
On 10/7/2017 at 11:20 AM, Nico said:

3.1.5 Structured Filter Browser: First letter shortcut within filters are no more activ. User has to scroll down the lists, which is a ardous path. Almost every database uses this feature (BTW: feature was present in 2.5.4).

Now one year later in 3.2.12 this issue still remains to fix or to rebuild the function. Scrolling down long lists is a tedious task.

@damien78 I wish this feature comes back soon. Thanks.

Ohne Titel.jpg

MacMini 2018 OS 10.14 | XLD | Yate | iTunes 10.7 | Audirvana 3.5.50 | RME ADI-2 DAC fs | Bryston BHA-1 | Hifiman Arya

21 hours ago, Nico said:

Now one year later in 3.2.12 this issue still remains to fix or to rebuild the function. Scrolling down long lists is a tedious task.

@damien78 I wish this feature comes back soon. Thanks.

In the 3.5 I'm working on right now, you'll get even more, with a search field for each filter (as it is in the current Windows version)

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

1 hour ago, damien78 said:

In the 3.5 I'm working on right now, you'll get even more, with a search field for each filter (as it is in the current Windows version)

@damien78Hopefully the search fields finally will support diacritical marks. This is very important for the Spanish language.

So that "adios" will find "adios" and "adiós" (and vice versa)

or "ultimo" will find "último" and "ultimo" (and vice versa)

or "soñar" will find "sonar" and "soñar" (and vice versa)

Otherwise the search function is insufficient (now in 3.2.12). Thanks

• 2 months later...
On 3/16/2018 at 5:13 PM, MMMSA-10 said:

HI MMMSA-10 i have a Pops and clicks issue with a i5 mini mac running 10.14.2 its got the OS on a SSD and the only way ive stopped it is to run first aid on it ,shut down ,turn on then its ok for a couple of days of being on all day.the Pops and clicks can come from any audio output app (safari is the worse)including audirvana, i had the same issue with a duo core mini with the OS on a SSD .Loads of complaints about it online ,does anyone here know why ?

4 minutes ago, bazzvid said:

You might want to post this in the MusicServer thread.

It is a completely different issue to mine, as mine is specific to QuadDSD files only.

However, at a basic level, have you attempted to stop services like Spotlight indexing, TimeMachine backups and so on?

Does Damien monitor these threads? I posted this question a day ago as a new topic, with 0 responses.

If Audirvana can see all of my AirPlay devices, why can I only select one for playback?

I guess I'll have to go back to using * iTunes *, as this is the only native Mac player than can accomplish the amazing feat of playing all of them simultaneously.

I did try AirFoil, and got terrible static. I made them refund my money.

I bought A+ for Windows. I'm still using mostly Jriver as my library is all set. I want to support development in this community. One bug to report is that sometimes when I play a track, A+ is actually not playing that track but another track. That's frustrating. I'm playing to Ifi Pro iDSD over the network.

Alienware R7 with Paul Pang V2 USB PCIE -> iFi Pro iDSD -> McIntosh MHA100 -> Hifiman Susvara. Keeping it simple!

HI folks, 

it has been a few months now taht the Library view , with Tracks (not albums),  poses a problem.

Typically when i use the filtering columns, no tracks show in the bottom part of the window.    I am absolutely certain that there are such tracks in my library.

Any idea ? (sorry for the GUI in french)

thanks a bunch

D

Capture d’écran 2019-01-26 à 15.08.52.png