IGNORED

Streaming at work from home NAS

Hi everyone,

I'd like to know if I'm getting what I can from my FLAC files - CD rips and HD - while listening at work. 

My setup:  Synology server at home (wired connection-5 meg upload) -> work pc (wired connection-huge bandwidth) -> Audeze Sine headphones.  I log into my Synology through FireFox and use Synology Audio Station.  I've been considering getting a DragonFly Red usb DAC for my headphones.  Am I missing anything else that would improve my listening experience here at my cube?  I lock my headphones up at night and could do that with the DragonFly, too.  Should I get the JRiver media player?

I appreciate your thoughts on this.

Aaron

In Jriver you'll have to reconfigure your router to let the stream go outside your home network.  Jriver with Jremote may give you a richer playlist/playback options.  I'm not familiar with Synology's app functions.  A lot of the flexibility in Jriver is setting up detailed playlists.  I stream from home to my iphone but I limit HiRes to 24/48.  This is displayed on the Jremote app.  Not sure if this is actually doing this or not.  Most of my content is 16/44, so I leave it at that.  The only time I'm using data is when I'm in my car or outside exercising (walking, biking or rollerblading).  I love Jriver for this single feature.  I can also stream from my NAS cloud back up but that's just press and play, no playlists.  

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet