IGNORED

Beautiful sounding solution for my apartment that is budget-friendly and available in the Czech Republic?

Hello,

I have had my Audio-technica ATH-M50 headphones for more than 2 years and I decided to bring some higher-end listening experience home as well so my girlfriend (and sadly neighbours) can share it with me.

I have a pretty low budget of around 150 EUR/$. Sadly pretty much none of the speakers I generally see recommended in that price range are available where I live - Czech Republic. I am talking mainly about the Wharfedale 9.0 and the Micca MB42X. There are Wharfedale 10.1 available but I would need to pretty much double my budget for those. Shipping speakers from abroad also gets pretty expensive.

Any advice for a starting audiophile in this situation? The speakers available to me can be roughly searched through this website which is unfortunately only in Czech (but the search tool already displays available products with prices upon typing).

Thank you very much for any suggestions.

What's your amplification?

I see that there are some JBL and M-audio available around your price range. Think about active speakers, too. For a bit more than your budget, the KRK are also worthwhile.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

I like good budget gear for my office. My pair of Elac B6 is making my ears very happy right now. Warm balance, relatively transparent, and nice imaging. For US$300-ish, or less used, a fine bargain.

Sum>Frankenstein: JPlay/Audirvana/iTunes, Uptone EtherRegen+LPS-1.2, Rivo Streamer+Uptone JS-2, Schiit Yggdrasil LiM+Shunyata Delta XC, Linn LP12/Hercules II/Ittok/Denon DL-103R, ModWright LS 100, Pass XA25, Tellurium Black II, Monitor Audio Silver 500 on IsoAcoustics Gaias, Shunyata Delta XC, Transparent Audio, P12 power regenerator, and positive room attributes.