IGNORED

HQP/Roon/Microrendu/Lampi DSD Only Dac-why no native dsd?

So, I have no problem playing DSD 128 in DOP with this setup. Some say, DOP and native sound the same, some disagree. I don't know, but would like to find out.

In attempting to play native DSD, under SDM pack, I clicked none instead of DOP. Then, in right drop box on main HQP screen, I can only select auto or PCM. SDM is not a choice (as it is when is DOP mode). Thus, I select auto. No sound.

I am a bit confused about this as both the MR and the Lampi dac support native dsd. Any one have an idea why I am not getting native to play? Probably a simple answer, but I need help.

Thanks.

I believe it is dependent on the firmware on the Amanero and if the MR is patched to support native DSD under Linux.  I was never able to get native DSD working with Amanero 1099 firmware installed in Lampi L4G5 dac, but DoP worked no issues.  I know there is newer version of firmware but it still has issues and is still considered beta.  I switched over to stripped down win10 version so I can get support for 512 DSD on the B7.

@Shredder This is an issue addressed in the github thread discussing the beta versions of the Amanero USB firmware. You can find it by googling "Amanero native linux DSD". There are several posts by Miska and Domenico of Amanero that address why this is. 

It has to do with the specific VID/PID identifiers passed by the Amanero firmware.

Yeang

Agreed, shredder. Progress seems to have stalled for last few weeks. The last bug remaining is that the native DSD playback gives a high pitched whine about 5 seconds after you stop playback. Doesn't seem like Domenico has made any progress on that. Otherwise the beta seems to work well very well with playback through the microrendu. You do need the 2.5 Sonicorbiter version though if you have not upgraded yet, a $20 fee i think.

Yeang 

• 3 weeks later...