IGNORED

How to set MacBook, NAS combination for Qobuz

Dear all, hope you can help me:

I have for a long time used the basic multi room airplay functionality in iTunes, even though I have a beautiful 1991 Linn set in my living room. 

Comfort over quality, let ik happen I guess. Spent more time in dining room, where we had a mediocre Bose companion background music set up.

Vor various reasons, I have chosen to prioritise quality over everything in life. Changed the Bose stuff for EC Living (Electrocompaniet), changed from iTunes to Qobuz and changed the Linn Airport Express for an Electrocompaniet streamer. To facilitate multiroom playback I installed Airfoil (the EC Living App lets me access either the dining room set or the living room set, but not both simultaneously).

Qobuz files being what they are, my MacBook (actually serves only for email, some internet and mostly Music library interface, works better for me than iPad), quickly saw its HD fill up. So I also installed Synology Play NAS and wired everything to actually get Hi Resulotion streaming going. 

A whole new music experience ofcourse, much needed to provide me new energy. All well one might think, however...

I wanted three things to happen:

1. Listen to music flawlessly played back, in Hi Res or at least CD quality (nothing beats the Karik by the way, not even Hi Res streaming). Which is what the NAS and wiring everything where meant to achieve.

2. Have all my Qobuz files (downloads and imports) on the NAS so as not to clog up the MacBook HD.

3. Also move all my iTunes and Apple Music files to NAS and ultimately rip the interesting part of a CD collection to NAS as well....

And this is what I am experiencing: 

1. I cannot get Qobuz to put downloaded (bought) Hi Res files on the NAS, it keeps on putting them on MacBook HD, in spite of settings. Imported files (Off Line library) do go to NAS somehow...

2. Playback of Qobuz music files is hampered by cuts in the music, as if there is no network for a split second, while it is all hardwired...

3. Also it seems sometimes as if the NAS cannot be found (in Finder that is) but not sure

4. Qobuz seems very slow, in spite of more than adequate network capacity and again all stuff hardwired.

5. So I am now streaming everything at CD quality, therefore not enjoying Hi Res files at full breadth and depth.

6. And dare not start thinking about moving iTunes music to NAS.

What I have done / have I done... :

a. I manually moved all music files from MacBook to designated NAS location (as in Qobuz settings), resulting in not being able to access them at all....

b. I have already once (using app cleaner) uninstalled all Qobuz application files (I think). And reinstalled Qobuz, redownloaded all bought music and re imported most of the favourites for Off Line library....

Clearly I have done something stupid.

Is there anybody out there who can help/advise me on how to solve this?

Even if it means having to ditch everything and start from scratch to get it right?

Would be grateful for any input,

Thanks,

Steven