IGNORED

Network Connectivity Fails -Qsonix Q205 Music Server

My Qsonix Q205 Music Server, network settings are all proper, Ip address DNS settings and Gateway.

My Router sees the Qsonix server

I cannot ping to that address and I cannot pull up the IP address on any browser.

I have tried changing IP, DNS and Gateway settings, all with the same results.

Desperate please help

mikesiegel12

how about some screen shots?  i'm sure the community could be more helpful with all of the details.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
  • 1 year later...

Is the device able to acquire a DHCP Address from the router (While looking at the devices page which are  known by the router)?

If so, but the device is still unpingable, and assuming your MGMT device is on the same subnet as the music server then it may have inherited a firewall setting along the way via an update (not sure if its Windows based or Linux).

You could try and get ahold of a eth crossover cable and plug into the servers music port directly once it acquires a DHCP address from the router. You would then need to hard code an IP address on the same subnet for your laptop and try and pull up the webpage again. In doing this you are bypassing the router but its a stretch that it will matter.

Does the server have a Reset option (Back to factory)?

Is the device setup to obtain an IP via DHCP or do you know if it's statically assigned (hard coded?).

This device is setup for DHCP and you have a router acting as a DHCP server, then on the router, you should be able to see all DHCP leases. Hopefully you will see a host name registered in the DHCP lease table and that the host name makes sense and lines up with the Qsonix. If you don't see hosts names you can  do an OUI lookup of the MAC address and that may help you locate it.

If the device is setup statically then there is most likely an options, settings/advanced settings page, that this address can be determined from.

This is one of those potential things that someone may have to be in front of to sort out with the manufacturer being out of business.

Even if you can't ping because the Qsonix is administratively setup not to respond to ICMP Echo, we can still query the box via ARP or run a port scan against it and see if Telnet or SSH is possible (but you would need a user/pass) if it's running Linux.

Alternately  you could pop the top and see if there is a MAC address sticker near the RJ45 connection. Jot that down and it's another way we could attempt to locate the box on the network.

Thank you both for providing a path for me to follow. While I recognize some of the steps you are suggesting I’m going to have someone I know who will know exactly what you are recommending (some who is actually computer literate) go through them with me and we’ll see where we get. 

I’ll post my results ....it’s good to have little hope 

• 4 years later...

This is Mike with the QSONIX Music Server Network issues...The first problem is that the QSONIX uses a proprietary GUI on top of Windows. I cannot figure out how to boot to the XP Desktop #1 issue

#2 issue- the Qsoinx used to automatically connect with the company servers for MetaData, Album Artwork etc. ,now all I get is a 169 ip address,as if the machine is locking itself out. maybe a driverless  XP network adapter (USB) might work, and would save all the re editing of the software that QSONIX did..

If I could somehow get the QSONIX network IP to work, I could point the box to a public server for all the Metadata and Album

Artwork, list of  songs etc.

If anyone can help pls pls email mike at [email protected]   thank you very much