IGNORED

JRiver Id - Media Server

Johnseye

This has promise.

LInux OS, JRiver for Linux.  Installable on a Raspberry Pi, NUC or PC.  

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Id

https://jriver.com/Id/

Image                         of the IdPi

From the website:

You can use a JRiver Id as a stand-alone media computer, or as a basic HTPC, and control it with a phone.  You can play to it as a DLNA Renderer, or from it as a DLNA Server.  It can be a Backup Server or front end for a NAS.  It's very small (about 4" wide) and low power (about 8 watts) so you can run it 24/7.  It has the audio features of JRiver Media Center.  The Id Classic and above also play video.  It works with JRiver's Media Network.

Available Several Ways

Each choice below includes the Linux OS, JRiver Media Center for Linux, and the Id firmware.

NUC2820.jpg   Id Classic $265   Intel NUC 5CPYH, 2GB RAM, 120GB SSD.  More Details
NUC2820.jpg   Id 201 $325   NUC 5CPYH, 2GB RAM, 1TB spinning drive 
NUC2820.jpg   Id 202 $375   NUC 5CPYH, 2GB RAM, 2TB spinning drive 
USB.jpg    Id USB Kit $79     Complete Id software package (Debian Linux, MC22, and Id Firmware).  Automatically installs itself on any Intel NUC hardware from an 8GB USB stick (included).  Creates a device similar to the Id Classic.  Should also work with other PC's that use Intel video. Installation Instructions
idpi.jpg   IdPi $39.99   The Id software, including JRiver Media Center, Raspbian Linux, and Engen, on a 16GB microSD card . Ready to insert in a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B. No hardware is included. Requires a case and power supply. Makes a good player for audio when used as a DLNA Renderer. No video. More information
IdPiBaked.jpg   IdPi $99
(fully baked)
  Fully assembled Raspberry Pi 3 Model B with Id installed. Includes a case and power supply. Makes a good player for audio when used as a DLNA Renderer. No video.  No storage. More information

All Id devices require a receiver, TV, or DAC for audio output.  A USB mouse and keyboard may also be needed.

Which One Fits?

Model Storage Available CD's Ripped to Lossless Suitable for
Classic 100GB 250 Most Users
201 1 TB 2500 Most Users
202 2 TB 5000 Most Users
Stick      
USB Kit None   Skilled User
IdPi mSD None   Skilled User
4 hours ago, Johnseye said:

This has promise.

LInux OS, JRiver for Linux.  Installable on a Raspberry Pi, NUC or PC.  

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Id

https://jriver.com/Id/

Image                         of the IdPi

From the website:

You can use a JRiver Id as a stand-alone media computer, or as a basic HTPC, and control it with a phone.  You can play to it as a DLNA Renderer, or from it as a DLNA Server.  It can be a Backup Server or front end for a NAS.  It's very small (about 4" wide) and low power (about 8 watts) so you can run it 24/7.  It has the audio features of JRiver Media Center.  The Id Classic and above also play video.  It works with JRiver's Media Network.

Available Several Ways

Each choice below includes the Linux OS, JRiver Media Center for Linux, and the Id firmware.

NUC2820.jpg   Id Classic $265   Intel NUC 5CPYH, 2GB RAM, 120GB SSD.  More Details
NUC2820.jpg   Id 201 $325   NUC 5CPYH, 2GB RAM, 1TB spinning drive 
NUC2820.jpg   Id 202 $375   NUC 5CPYH, 2GB RAM, 2TB spinning drive 
USB.jpg    Id USB Kit $79     Complete Id software package (Debian Linux, MC22, and Id Firmware).  Automatically installs itself on any Intel NUC hardware from an 8GB USB stick (included).  Creates a device similar to the Id Classic.  Should also work with other PC's that use Intel video. Installation Instructions
idpi.jpg   IdPi $39.99   The Id software, including JRiver Media Center, Raspbian Linux, and Engen, on a 16GB microSD card . Ready to insert in a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B. No hardware is included. Requires a case and power supply. Makes a good player for audio when used as a DLNA Renderer. No video. More information
IdPiBaked.jpg   IdPi $99
(fully baked)
  Fully assembled Raspberry Pi 3 Model B with Id installed. Includes a case and power supply. Makes a good player for audio when used as a DLNA Renderer. No video.  No storage. More information

All Id devices require a receiver, TV, or DAC for audio output.  A USB mouse and keyboard may also be needed.

Which One Fits?

Model Storage Available CD's Ripped to Lossless Suitable for
Classic 100GB 250 Most Users
201 1 TB 2500 Most Users
202 2 TB 5000 Most Users
Stick      
USB Kit None   Skilled User
IdPi mSD None   Skilled User

I just got the email myself....i may have to give it a go...

Anyone out there familiar already with the product?

1 hour ago, beerandmusic said:

I just got the email myself....i may have to give it a go...

Anyone out there familiar already with the product?

Not yet. Tempted. Would love to hear some feedback from those who are. I like that JRiver is 64 bit now. If they polish up their UI I'd use it for more than a metadata tool. 

Just now, Johnseye said:

Not yet. Tempted. Would love to hear some feedback from those who are. I like that JRiver is 64 bit now. If they polish up their UI I'd use it for more than a metadata tool. 

I see you can output to USB, so this may resolve my "noisy pc" issue. 
I emailed them if it can output DSD to usb....it says on marketing page it can output dsd & multichannel to HDMI...i just want stereo DSD out usb...i hope so...

If it does, i will probably buy one.