IGNORED

Mpls area dac comparison

I have a db labs Tranquillity nos usb dac that that has is heavily modded and I love the organic sound, but I am interested to see what I may be missing. I would like to compare it to Schitt  Yggy, PSA Perfect Wave,  Auralic Vega ......

Fwiw I did have the w4s 2 and thought it sounded too digital an that's when I changed to the Tranquility.

I'm in the Nokomis area, open to where we compare.

if you are interested in setting up a listening session please e-mail me at 

[email protected]

thanks

Jeff

If you haven't already to take your DAC to Audio Perfection and compare it to The DACs they have on hand.  The sales staff is great, they'll let you set up any configuration you want.  Do it during the weekdays when there's few customers around.  You may want to go ahead of time and talk with the staff about what you might want to do or listen to.  I settled on the Bel Canto 2.7 DAC (my price range).

If you don't like what they have, you can at least knock a few brands off your list.  I thought about the Yggy but wanted to buy local.  Partly out of convenience, but in case something goes wrong I can deal with problem in person.  Good luck and keep me (and the CA community) updated on your progress.

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet

10 minutes ago, Jdodmead said:

Hi Fi Sound is my favorite locally

Indeed another great shop.  I hope more members will respond to your call.  I wish Chris had an office/headquarters where we could stop in and listen to his equipment being tested.  Obviously I'm being selfish:) 

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet

Plus It would be nice to meet a few other Computer Audiophiles, my other audio buddies have no clue or interest in ripping and or streaming, cd's or lp's only.

I would love to meet or have contact with Chris and gain some of his "superior" knowledge.

I know I haven't posted much here, but I've been hanging around for a few years and when I first started, I hooked up with a member(thank you Barr) who helped me set up my Mac mini system, I've learned a lot from this site.

Interesting idea, I have so little information on other DACs sound, from personal experience that is, it would be interesting to hear others.

I have a Luxman DA-06.  Actually I have 2 but one is for sale because I am consolidating one system into one box rather than a bunch of boxes.

No electron left behind.