IGNORED

Hey guys, guess what Apple just did...

I haven't yet found how the FLAC thing works. But I have an iPhone SE, so it's possible that it won't work on my device at all. I have heard that you could open a file from, say, Dropbox, and the iPhone 7 would play it. So if anyone has an iPhone 7 and can confirm this, it would be helpful. 

I write about Macs, music, and more at Kirkville.

Author of Take Control of macOS Media Apps

Co-host of The Next Track podcast.

Using Apps such as FLAC Player, people have loaded files onto the iPhone this way:

FLAC Player FAQs

Q: How do I load FLAC Files?

FLAC files can be loaded most quickly and reliably over USB using iTunes File Sharing. See support.apple.com/en-us/HT201301 under Copy files from your computer to your iOS app. 

I wonder if this method is now gone.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

3 hours ago, AnotherSpin said:

I added flac files to Onkyo player in iphone through iTunes after update without problem. The same as usual, only now trough file sharing.

I have been playing with iOS 11 on my iPod Touch. I put a 16.44.1 flac file in my iCloud drive. With the new Files app, I was able to transfer the file to the iPod Touch. However, when clicking on the filename within the Files app, it did not play. Further, neither the music app nor the Onkyo HF Player app have access to this flac file. anyone know how to make this work?

mQa is dead!

On 9/13/2017 at 1:25 PM, lucretius said:

I have been playing with iOS 11 on my iPod Touch. I put a 16.44.1 flac file in my iCloud drive. With the new Files app, I was able to transfer the file to the iPod Touch. However, when clicking on the filename within the Files app, it did not play. Further, neither the music app nor the Onkyo HF Player app have access to this flac file. anyone know how to make this work?

It turns out that Apple did not provide the touted flac support to the iPod Touch 6G or the iPad Mini 4.  However, files can still be passed to the Onkyo HF Player app via iTunes 12.7 "File Sharing" tab. 

mQa is dead!

• 1 month later...